Long story short, my car has an issue with the A/C and the floor board ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Mic not working correctly on 8830

Advertisement

Long story short, my car has an issue with the A/C and the floor board gets wet. The 8830 hit the floor and for a day, the buttons and pearl caused odd reactions such as typing letters on the screen, opening applications, and other weird things. I placed it in a bag with Damp Rid and everything is working perfectly except the mic. No one can hear me unless I have my bluetooth connected to the phone. I have found that if I blow over the hole where the mic is, I can hear it in a voice note (BBM) or while calling another phone. The water damage indicators are still white and there is no indication of any moisture inside the phone. Any one have this problem and possibly a solution? No insurance on the phone.

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Man, sorry to hear. I had the mic give me fits with the 8830 for a short period but I don't think it was moisture related. Anyways it's worth a shot, my solution was to plug-unplug a wired headset while on a call until the mic responded again, ending the call with the headset unplugged.
    The mic acted up four or five times, never to do it again. To this day I don't know what caused it, could have been moisture, but has not given me problems in over 5 months.

From looking around, the mic is part of the keyboard PCB, cnn.cn doesn't have any right now, but bb repair shop does for 50 bucks.

Hope you get it working without having to spend to much.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the info. $50 isn't bad for the board. I did check cnn.cn and couldn't find it either. Its still under warranty with RIM but calling CA isn't the cheapest route. I'll try the board replacement.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~