This is getting a bit frustrating, any email sent to my blackberry 8830 is showing ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

unusualbob no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Messages sent to 8830 are showing as read on outlook

Advertisement

This is getting a bit frustrating, any email sent to my blackberry 8830 is showing as read on my outlook even though I have not looked at it on the blackberry. It shows as unread until my blackberry shows it as a new message. Any suggestions?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Messages sent to 8830 are showing as read on outlook

how do you have the emails pushed? is this thru your company?

I have added nothing to our current Exchange server 5.5 to do anything here, I just entered my account information as the phone asked me to. Other people I have been talking to seem to think that this cannot be avoided but is there something I can change in our configuration to prevent this?

Would it be better to use the redirector? i unfortunately don't have the cd with me because im on a business trip so i cant look at it, but when i loaded it onto another computer a few days ago it was a bit baffling. Our company is too small and only around 5-10 people have blackberries so the company wont invest in an enterprise server. Any tips you have would be very helpful.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Might be a limitation of Exchange Server 5.5, which is quite old and unsupported at this point. the solution is to upgrade, which is often a hard-sell since "email" is already "working" for most people making it hard to justify the capital investment.

try disabling your exchange account in BIS on your blackberry account page. then use a free email account that can POP (some can do this, I believe gmail and hotmail can) your exchange account. Does the symptom still occur?

Lightbulb Re: Messages sent to 8830 are showing as read on outlook

Thanks, I actually just solved this friday by not using BIS and then used the redirector to push it out, i just put the software on one of our servers so that it will never be interrupted. Its a bit annoying that i dont have a folder just for my email but its better than having items showing as read.

Also, for other people looking at this issue, I think that there is a free version of BES available except you only get one license and it can support only 15 ppl max. It is targeted at small companies so they dont have to invest in the full version.