Is anyone familiar with memory configuration? I need to reallocate or reserve some of it. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

LeeGool no está en línea Stack level 1

Memory issue

Advertisement

Is anyone familiar with memory configuration? I need to reallocate or reserve some of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Lee,

You will find a couple of threads in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature that address memory issues.

Please post back with more specific information you might be looking for. We are glad to help.

Cheers,
    Roger

Thank you very much! The blackberry in question keeps going to 0 MB. Is it possible to allocate some of the memory for the system only?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The device uses its memory where it needs it, so there is really no way to "allocate" memory for anything. Your best bet is to follow those guidelines, keeping as much free space as possible. Delete e-mail, texts, phone call logs, unused themes and applications.

You can free up about 5mb by deleting the TTY and Help applications as well. Unless you have a hearing impairment, you don't need TTY and you have all the help you need here at PinStack!

Thanks a million! I am also going to ensure unneeded language files are deleted as well.