I have have 8830 with OS 4.5.0.5.1 each time I enable Memory cleaner after a ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

jjtown no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Question memory cleaner not staying enabled

Advertisement

I have have 8830 with OS 4.5.0.5.1 each time I enable Memory cleaner after a while it just disables on its own has anyone else had this issue

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, an annoying little issue, isn't it? Seems to happen whenever you need to reset or power down your device.

Two questions:

Is your content protection enabled?

and, what are you using memory cleaner for?

Memory Cleaner is not intended to clear memory on a device for the purpose of freeing memory, it is a security application that clears some memory areas to keep the device's information secure if it falls into the "wrong hands". It clears stuff like the clipboard if you've done a recent copy/paste, things like that. If you're hoping it will clean up some memory so you can load more ringtones, you're barking at the wrong dog - but if you're in the CIA I applaud you!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    My 8120 does the same thing. Only reason I don't enable Content Protection is because it screws up BlackBerry Messenger causing it to think I upgraded devices every time I reboot or it comes back on after Auto On/Off.

jjtown no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    [QUOTE=Mark Stone;982307]Two questions:

Is your content protection enabled?

and, what are you using memory cleaner for?

Memory Cleaner is not intended to clear memory on a device for the purpose of freeing memory, it is a security application that clears some memory areas to keep the device's information secure if it falls into the "wrong hands". It clears stuff like the clipboard if you've done a recent copy/paste, things like that. If you're hoping it will clean up some memory so you can load more ringtones, you're barking at the wrong dog - but if you're in the CIA I applaud you! [/QUOTE

Content protection disabled
    if I was with the CIA I would be unable to divulge that information