I have a Sprint BB 8830 World Edition without a MicroSD card inserted, but the ... BlackBerry 8830 forum
Media Card Detected - Media Card Inserted - Media Card Removed
I have a Sprint BB 8830 World Edition without a MicroSD card inserted, but the device keeps displaying a "Media Card Detected" message; after closing the message, I get a "Media Card Inserted" message followed by a "Media Card Removed" message.
The only way I could get the messages to stop coming up was to insert a 1GB MicroSD media card even though it is not being used.
Anyone got any ideas?
What I have tried...
1. Update BB OS --> same problem
2. Switch settings under Options | Media Card --> same problem
3. Inserted a spare 1GB MicroSD media card --> makes the messages go bye-bye!
4. Searched google.com --> same problem
5. Searched sprint.com forums --> waste of time - same problem
6. Searched pinstack.com forums --> no specific matches
7. Begging for help...my last resort
Try looking in Options and select disable Media Card. I forget the exact selections but you can turn off using the Media Card in the options.
The really weird part is that my BB 8830 from Sprint does not have a media card and it is enabled?!
So, by default I am trying to leave the BB's configured the same for easier troubleshooting. I do not get the messages without a MicroSD media card.