Hey everyone! I finally got my blackberry 8830 today and i love it! im a ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

trojan08 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mac and Verizon bb 8830 questions

Advertisement

Hey everyone!
    I finally got my blackberry 8830 today and i love it! im a bit confused...but im working on it. I was wondering if there was a way to sync my calendar and address book w/o using pocketmac b/c im still running on osx 10.3.9 and a pocketmac requires the new 10.4? I tried connecting the usb cable to my powerbook and then to the bb, but the bb thinks im trying to charge and will tell me that there is not enough power.

any help?

thanks!

p.s. what is blackberry messenger?

-b

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Mac and Verizon bb 8830 questions

It is actuall charging, though - it just doesn't understand why there is a trickle charge when there is no connection being made to a computer (since you don't have BBerry desktop).
    You should be able to sync without BBerry desktop using iSync (and I think there is an after market product that lets you do this with BBerry - I'll have to look - I only synced once on my iBook, just to get my mac contacts into my Outlook contacts. This seemed a much easier thing to do than type everything into Outlook).
    Blackberry Messenger is used between BBerry devices - you assign contacts with their repective PIN number.
    Good luck!

trojan08 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Mac and Verizon bb 8830 questions

thanks!