Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem/issue I am with ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

keeps shutting off

Advertisement

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem/issue I am with their 8830.

Occasionally when I plug in my phone to recharge it it will reboot (Red Led stays lit) and takes a while for the reboot to go through. This doesn't happen all the time though. And the battery isn't like its tottally dead either. But when the device comes back up, there are no issues.

What is causing this?

Who else has had this problem?

Thanl you for all your input.

-J
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you downloaded new themes apps or updated OS lately? I don't have an 8830 but did have the same problem with one of my phones..Mine was a theme causeing it because once deleted, it hasn't happened since. I have read a few post saying the same with apps or os upgrades. That is where I would start and if you havent done any of those things in the last few days I would back up my BB and try to reinstall my os. Thats just my 2 cents someone may have a better answer but if not its a start.

PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ there is no new updated on verizon for this phone I'm on v4.2.2.176.

No new apps either.

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    My 8830 used to do something similar, but with the headset plug; if I had a headset plugged in, the smallest bump would reset the device, no headset plugged in and nothing abnormal happened. I got myself a bluetooth and problem solved for me, but then I lost it and went back to using a wire again, but this time no problems .
    The only thing I remember is that it was after updating to 4.2.2.196, but to be honest, I have no idea what happened.

Electronics can sometimes act screwy for no apparent reason. You can always take to Verizon for an evaluation.

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'd take it to VZW and have them fix it. That's what you pay them for.

Good luck.

PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea I purchased the device brand new off an individual. He thought he could use it for ATT (because of the sim option). But found out he couldn't. So I bought it for $200 BNIB Factory Sealed. I don't know if verizon will do any repairs on the device. But I know they can atleast diagnose the problem.

But this morning it never reset when I removed the charger plug.... Weird.

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does it do the same thing when you plug it to the computer with the usb cable? (with the computer on)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~last few days nothin has happened. No rebooting or shutting down when I unplug the phone. Odd. Guess there is a ghost doing this. Lol