So here is the situation I have been a long time blackberry user and unfortunately ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Keep 8300 or wait for Sprint 8830

Advertisement

So here is the situation

I have been a long time blackberry user and unfortunately had to leave because Sprint was not able to fix my tethering problem. I am using a treo 700p right now for my voice and have a SERO acount, with unlimited vision, texts, email and so on. I love the blackberry's and decided to get a curve, which arrived today and it is a great device. The only issue i have is the trackball which will take a little while to get used to. I am currently paying just for the data on the curve but I get these features on the treo also and i don't want to carry two pda's. if i keep the curve, the final cost will be about $70 bucks/month with two different carriers, but would want a regular phone for voice.If I wait for the 8830, i will need to buy it outright and just add the bb data plan for $40 and hopefully not have my plan changed so I could keep the same features that i currently have and still pay about $70. What should I do? please give me some advice, i only have 29 days left before i have to pay a ETF for the curve.

Thanks
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Keep 8300 or wait for Sprint 8830

The only issue i have is the trackball which will take a little while to get used to
    I hope that isnt an issue because the 8830 has the same ball...

I say get the 8830 and get rid of the Treo, to carry just one device for voice and data.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the curve rocks why not get voice on it?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the thing that is stopping me is the etf from sprint

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ That's a tuff one; I also want the Curve, but Sprint won't carry it for a while. I have the 8703e but I'm waiting for the 8830 when its released next month. Then I will just wait till Sprint has the Curve, and I will get that one. I really like the look of the Curve plus it has the camera. I know it doesn't have the GPS but I really don't use the GPS as much as I would take a quick picture of sonmething. But who knows once I have the 8830 I might just stay with that one. I also considered to go with AT&T but would more expensive than my current plan I have with Sprint.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

I'm w/ CP. Just wait on the 8830, speaking as someone who carries to phones, it stinks. If one can do it all carrier aside go with one device.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I hope that isnt an issue because the 8830 has the same ball...

I say get the 8830 and get rid of the Treo, to carry just one device for voice and data.
    Cp,
    Would you know if just adding the bb data plan to my current account would have me lose any of the benefits, like free sms or anything else other than extending the contract

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Adding the data plan for the BB will not mess up anything you already have. It is simply an extra plan that allows you to use your BB. It is like adding text, it can be added and taken off at any time.