Hi, I recently bought a Blackberry 8830 and have just begun to experiment with it ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

rbm0307 no está en línea Stack level 1

International dialing prefix entry in 8830

Advertisement

Hi,

I recently bought a Blackberry 8830 and have just begun to experiment with it to understand its features and limitations.

One limitation that I've encountered is entering the international dialing prefix, "+", in Addressbook entries. In other mobile phones I've owned, this prefix is allowed to be entered and will be replaced by the correct international dialing code when dialing out. It simplifies telephone number maintenance.

Is this possible? Also, if it is possible, will the 8830 understand to replace the prefix symbol witl the correct international dialing code?

Thanks in advance.

Robert.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: International dialing prefix entry in 8830

I use a 8800 and I have to keep the 0 (Zero) pressed for a bit for + to appear while dialling international. Should work on a 8830 too I guess....

rbm0307 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your reply. Your technique works for the dialing function but not in the Edit Addressbook function. Pressing and holding the "0" key causes a typamatic repeat of a zero character, not a substitution with a "+" character. And the 8830 does replace the plus with the correct dialing sequence, which is good to see. I found that pressing and holding the Sym key while pressing the "+" functioned to put a plus in the telephone number but I haven't tried dialing that Adddressbook entry to see whether the plus is substituted yet.

Regards,

Robert.

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

When in the address book type an actual + into the phone number. Pressing Alt-O will put the + symbol in the phone number.

Dave

By the way, that's the letter O, not the number 0, in the Alt-O. Sorry for any confusion.

Dave
    Last edited by db869; 09-04-2007 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by db869
    When in the address book type an actual + into the phone number. Pressing Alt-O will put the + symbol in the phone number....

Dave
    Dave, Alt-O does not insert the + sign in Edit Addressbook mode. Am I missing something here?

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by db869
    When in the address book type an actual + into the phone number. Pressing Alt-O will put the + symbol in the phone number. By the way, that's the letter O, not the number 0, in the Alt-O. Sorry for any confusion.
    Actually, the 8830 keyboard (Sprint version) has the + on the keyboard above the letter "O". In Addressbook mode and on a phone number field ... just press the key as you would a number.

If you press ALT-O ... you will indeed get an "O".

/BD