Hey just got an 8830 from VZW. The phone will sync with desktop redirector to ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

JeffHolloway no está en línea Stack level 1

Intellisync ??? 8830

Advertisement

Hey just got an 8830 from VZW. The phone will sync with desktop redirector to Exchange 2003 with no problems, except for existing email. Redirector works fine. When I try to sync, the software shows ???? Intellisync ???. The log shows what looks like encrypted fields in the field mapping section, but the contacts sync without error. I did have a Verisign certificate but removed it, erased and reinstalled both the pc and the 8830--the error remains.

Any suggestions?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Intellisync ??? 8830

When you first set up the BlackBerry, only a limited amount of existing email is pushed to the device (with full BES). With Desktop Redirector I'm not sure, but it may not push any existing email to the device - only new messages.
    JerryD

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Email doesn't sync on any BB. It's pushed (new mail only) and reconciled.

There's only one situation where existing mail is pushed and that's during an Enterprise Activation on BES as jdellasala said.

I highly recommend against using Redirector but good luck with it. It's very unreliable and tends to have a lot of issues in my experience.

wahoo no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the EXACT same problem. I installed the desktop software, but when I try to synch I receive the Intellisync ?? error.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several different versions... HELP

wahoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh and then after the install and failure.. the Synchronize Now button becomes disabled...