i just recently got my first bb (7100i from nextel) and had a question. i ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

hondarider4life no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    nope!

i want a new bb!

Advertisement

i just recently got my first bb (7100i from nextel) and had a question.

i want to get the 8830 curve edition from sprint.

the problem i forsee myself running into is this: i found one on ebay for a decent price and was wondering that if i just switch the sim cards will the curve function as it would normally (minus the direct connect of course)? or will it do some weird voodoo stuuf and just not work at all and ill be out that much more money?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Unfortunately you cant swap sims because the 8830 is a cdma Sprint phone that doesnt run on a sim, the sim in it is only used for international travel. Plus you would need to contact Sprint to get a cdma rate plan.

Edit: I see you said Curve but wrote 8830, just an fyi the 8830 is the world edition and the 8330 is the Curve.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    You can just order the phone off of ebay and call your SPRINT CSR and give them the "serial number" of tour new phone and they can switch it for ya. All of your address phone numbers and such can be switched through your BB Desktop manager "Switch Device Wizard"

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    I have switched from NEXTEL to SPRINT and it is a pretty easy process.

You will have to re-up your contract though

PIN/ID
    nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    I have switched from NEXTEL to SPRINT and it is a pretty easy process.

You will have to re-up your contract though

yeah thats what i figured but i already did that with nextel not even 2 months ago so i have abrand new contract for a bb that is over 4 yrs old! loloh well i can always just sitch to a new carrier and get a new phone but i hate those damn early termination fees!!!!

thank you for all yalls advice!

PIN/ID
    nope!
    but i do have to thank yall for the quick responses cause i was about to spend 200 on a new bb that i wouldnt even be able to use!

Latinalicious no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CF0982
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Switching from Nextel to Sprint isn't brain surgery, since the two companies merged {or better yet Sprint bought out Nextel} switching shouldn't have been a hassle or even the "early termintion fee" shouldn't even been mentioned. The contract always gets extented but I've been with Sprint for 12 yrs and I wouldn't leave them if those other companies paid me. Who else would offer free nites & weekends starting at 5pm, NO ONE! I'm a happy Sprint customer!!!

dimas999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How Long does it takes to switch?

beathuh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31bb7c46
    i switched when the 8830 came out, never had an early termination fee and was just a matter of walking in the store and saying hey i want to switch from nextel to sprint, took maybe 20 mins, actually took longer to transfer my contacts lol, i had the 7100 for a while before i switched but am so glad i did, so much more you can do with the 8830, so i lost the ptt, big deal, id rather not have it to have the capabilities of the world edition( or any other one of sprints bb's), im sure it would be just as easy over the phone if you already had the new bb