I am hoping there is some easy explanation or quick fix for this. My scroll ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

edwardteach no está en línea Stack level 1

I can only scroll down, not up

Advertisement

I am hoping there is some easy explanation or quick fix for this. My scroll bar all of a sudden will only allow me to scroll down, not up. To clarify, it is not that the ball itself is sticking - its acting normal. The problem is when I use the sroll ball to scroll up, the highlighted area indicating the scroll location refuses to go up, only down. Any ideas?

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try getting some of that canned air and spray it out. It might just be junk under the pearl!

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f
    The same thing happened to me but mine is the opposite, mine wasn't getting stuck going down. I felt a diffrence in the trackball and the way it felt. when I went up and side to side there would be a little bit of tension but when I rolled it down it just felt diffrent and the cursor wouldn't move down. i had to play with it for a while up and down side to side over and over until it started working again. I was scared it was permanent.

edwardteach no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Well I'll be darned. It started working again. Thanks for the replies. Hope it lasts. I already had to replace this 8830 once within 3 days of buying it.

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Search the forums there was a great tutorial for disassembly of the trackball unit, its very easy to do, shouldn't have any problems
    I had this problem yesterday, pocket lint and dust get trapped in there and the only way to get it out is to take your trackball unit out and blow the crap out

digdoug no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D73DE7
    I saw early this morning a thread about the same thing and mine has done it,also. Simply pry the retainer ring from around the t-ball remove the trackball assembly (no tools,just flip the phone over!) Then clean the rubber rollers with alcohol pads. Took me about ten minutes for the whole process!