Is there a way to have my bb automatically split my sms into 2-3-4-infinity number ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

shosh no está en línea Stack level 2

how to write long sms

Advertisement

Is there a way to have my bb automatically split my sms into 2-3-4-infinity number of SMSs if i want to write a long one?

I'll try to explain further... If i want to write an SMS i often run out of characters and have to go and compose a new one and send it separately. I have some friends who send me a text and they can make it as long as they want and it will automatically split into parts with the appropriate number of characters.

Is there a setting in my 8830 to do that?

Cheers

aaronnieves no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305F72EB
    Good question. I would also love to know that. i hate having to compose another text just to finish what
    -------
    i was saying
    Last edited by aaronnieves; 03-08-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged.

kay2104 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by shosh View Post
    Is there a way to have my bb automatically split my sms into 2-3-4-infinity number of SMSs if i want to write a long one?

I'll try to explain further... If i want to write an SMS i often run out of characters and have to go and compose a new one and send it separately. I have some friends who send me a text and they can make it as long as they want and it will automatically split into parts with the appropriate number of characters.

Is there a setting in my 8830 to do that?

Cheers

Any word on a response/solution?

kmh
    kmh no está en línea Stack level 1
    Unfortunately,there is no way to do this. It's a limitation of the device. I was just in a VW store and asked the store manager and he verified this. It is such a pain having to compose a new messages to go beyond the 160 character limit.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    it will automatically split it into upto 6 messages. Mine does anyway. Maybe it's a CDMA limitation, because on every GSM Blackberry I've had (I've only had GSM), it will split it into upto 6 messages.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Ya Sprint wont let more than 160, or splitting the messages, it is such a pain!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

camattin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Why does everyone forget the first S in SMS stands for Short? If you need to send a long message it should be an email, not an SMS.

My humble 2 cents. ;-)

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dtx View Post
    it will automatically split it into upto 6 messages. Mine does anyway. Maybe it's a CDMA limitation, because on every GSM Blackberry I've had (I've only had GSM), it will split it into upto 6 messages.

This seems like the correct response to this thread... Although camattin's humble 2 cents makes sense too and is very funny lol

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3
    VZW splits texts, just not on a BB. Sprint does not.
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

frenchychiffon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Awww its odd that the blackberry wouldn't do this though..all my past phones (not bb's) and my friends' phones have this capability.
    But I guess an sms is supposed to be short and besides the blackberry has a superb email functionality (;