Hi guys I would like to unluck 8830 from verizon?does anyone know how to do ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

how to unlock 8830 verizon?

Advertisement

Hi guys
    I would like to unluck 8830 from verizon?does anyone know how to do it?I am going isreal I need unlock .

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: how to unlock 8830 verizon?

yeah not too sure about the ability of unlocking a verizon phones since most unlocking that I know of are of GSM devices
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

Turns out even if you could get it unlocked the sim card is non removable.Strother said the nonremovable SIM card might be a "warning flag" for potential buyers, as the locking of the handset "means someone using a Verizon BlackBerry 8830 will not be able to swap out a SIM in France, for instance, to take advantage of lower calling rates. Instead, higher international roaming fees will apply, which takes away one of the benefits of GSM."

Another one of Verizon's how to make a dollar ideas.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

So the sim is not removeable, omg, Sprint has 1 up on Verizon? How do you mean its not removeable, is it really locked in there?

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

The phones designed for Verizon and for Sprint are somewhat different in that the Verizon version will not have a removable SIM card, a feature found on virtually all GSM phones which allows SIM card owners to access local GSM networks while abroad for cheaper voice service.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Thank guys for your help.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Um yeah, pictures prove it. So the sim is removeable, who said it wasnt...

JimGo3000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is it necessary to call customer service to get the unlock codes? It would seem that is should be possible to publish unlock codes via this or other forums. If Verizon Wireless is providing the information once a call is made to their contact center, why can't we cut out the (very painful) process of calling?

Call me old fashioned but generating calls to a contact center would seem to be an unecessary expense for Verizon Wireless and a poor example of service to their customers.

kaleb101 no está en línea Stack level 2

I thought unlock codes had to be device specific to the individual unit not just a general number to unlock all devices otherwise who would pay to unlock their phones when they can just use one someone else has right?

jaydabee no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Akakios
    Kaleb, I believe you are correct. When calling Verizon to have your phone unlocked you give them the info from your phone and they email you the code from I understand.
    They also told me that if you do unlock your phone and use a 3rd party SIM card while roaming abroad, they do not provide customer assistance if you happen to have issues with your phone while using that card.
    Not true. I called them from France to unlock my 8830 and they told me that they could not do it while I was out of the country. They left me hanging without a phone or BES service for over a week while I was on a business trip.

**** You Verizon Wireless!
    Watch what you say,
    they'll be calling you
    a Radical, a Liberal,
    Fanatical, a Criminal . . .

jaydabee no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Akakios
    However, as far as them providing you with unlock codes, it is true, they will do that. You just might have to be in the US to get them.
    That is my point, they can not fix there **** ups while you are overseas and actually need to use the phone. It did me no good to wait until I got back to the US to have them fix it.
    Watch what you say,
    they'll be calling you
    a Radical, a Liberal,
    Fanatical, a Criminal . . .