Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by j llama Just be careful not to go TOO loud as you ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)

Re: How to really make your MP3 Ringtones LOUD on the 8830

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by j llama View Post
    Just be careful not to go TOO loud as you can damage the speaker itself.
    Nice write up ncc1701p.
    Audacity is my fav!
    Hey Thanks dude!
    Audacity is my fav-free-ware program out there. Its tricky but I/WE am stillllllllllllllll waiting for that OS upgrade that will FIX the ringtone issue.. Then audacity could be a 'moot' point after that.. Time will tell.. Cmon Rim!

And whoa... what happened here... looks like this place had a facelift like the new KITT in Knight Rider is.

Also I've been SOooooooooooooooooooooooo biusy w/ my new job.... I want to do a screenshot and a theme but i've NOT had the time... I'll be very available next week as im sending someone out of town so I'll have super duper loads of freeeee time. hahaha

duceirae no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok I'm a sound engineer and producer so I know a thing or 2 about this to say the least I would sujest a program call sound forge. U can change the sample rate ect without effecting the playback speed if u wish. Basicly all ur doing is changing it into mono is prob the biggist reason why it sounds louder. Think about it a stero signal gets split down in the phone to play throu one speaker. But if its already mono it won't be thus sounding louder. Hope that helps I can go into greater detail if somone wishes.

blakhaddad no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CD5BCD

I like the classic blackberry ringtone is there any way to make that one louder? does anyone have it? please pin it to me. thanks
    Last edited by blakhaddad; 02-18-2008 at 12:55 PM.

kay2104 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cbose View Post
    OK, thanks but where do you go to get to these options (FIle-Edit-Generate-Analyze).

Cbose,

good question. has anyone replied? because I'm trying to figure that out as well...

Araru no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by kay2104 View Post
    Cbose,

good question. has anyone replied? because I'm trying to figure that out as well...
    In Audacity cut out certain parts of songs that you don't want to be part of your ringtone, AFTER that select the track, go to Effects > Normalize, accept with default settings, save as mp3. This effect brings your ringtone to the highest possible loudness without distortions.

If that seems complicated use online editor at http://makeownringtone.com it applies proper effects by default.

beja no está en línea Stack level 3

I've been using a freeware program called "MP3 Direct Cut" for a few years now and found it very easy to use to increase volume for newly created ringtones. You simply open the file, which gives you a visual that you drag and select the portion of the song that you want to use as a ringtone (I generally only grab about 15 seconds worth) and then you can use a vertical slider to increase the volume of the song. I save the new selection and then use Desktop Manager to transfer the song over to my BB. Here's a link that I found for the program: http://mpesch3.de1.cc/

yaboyrayray no está en línea Stack level 1

help

well none of this seems to work its still not very loud and i changed the settings just sounds like static

free2saute no está en línea Stack level 3
    It would be nice if some 1 can post a tut on this for all of us that have BB'S PLEASE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12