I'm looking into getting the 8830 and one of the main highlights for me with ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

AdamK7 no está en línea Stack level 1

How does the 8830 VZN work in Europe?

Advertisement

I'm looking into getting the 8830 and one of the main highlights for me with it is that it works overseas. How exactly does it do that though? Do I have to pay through Verizon or can I buy a prepaid sim card overthere and pop it in and go?

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: How does the 8830 VZN work in Europe?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the 8830 is locked to Verizon. They have roaming agreements with carriers in other companies and you have to get a sim card through Verizon. They do not unlock the phones for any reason; this is their default position because they have not yet developed a policy with regard to this. If you know both a) someone high enough in Verizon's food chain and b) know that the location you are going to does not have Verizon partner coverage then you can try to get it unlocked but don't expect with 100% certainty that they actually will unlock it. Also, understand that if you go to a location where the U.S. Is at war, the military disallows possesion of personal cellphones including blackberries.

Let me know if you need more detail.

Steve-hose no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How does the 8830 VZN work in Europe?

I just used an 8830 in Paris and all over Spain and it worked flawlessly via Vodafone in both countries. Sim card is locked and tethering did not work despite trying all the tricks listed in the forums.