Hey everyone, Im a verizon bb 8830 user, and im trying to figure out how ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

trojan08 no está en línea Stack level 1

How can i access pix messages from bb 8830?

Advertisement

Hey everyone,
    Im a verizon bb 8830 user, and im trying to figure out how i can access pix messages from my phone. evertime i get a pix message, it prompts me to go online, and i can never get the link. any help?

thanks!

p.s. Also, I was wondering if there is anyway i can raise the volume for the rings on my bb higher than what is considered loud on the phone. for some reason, i dont think the loud is loud enough

thanks again!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: How can i access pix messages from bb 8830?

Not sure what you mean by "pix message". If you mean an MMS message that's typically an extra service you have to get from your provider.

To adjust the volume you need to modify your active profiles. Click on the Profile icon, then scroll down the list of profiles that comes up to Advanced and hit [Enter].

Your active profile should be selected - it will have (Active) to the right of it. If it isn't already selected, scroll down to highlight it and hit [Enter] to modify it.

You'll now have a list of all the items whose notification settings can be modified. Scroll down to and highlight Phone and hit [Enter]. Scroll down to the Volume line for both Out Of Holster and In Holster and adjust it by hitting [Space]. Hit [Esc] (button to the right of the trackball) to exit and select Save.
    JerryD

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

Actually, MMS messages as far as I have been able to find out, are not able to be received on blackberrys Because there is no camera on the phone, Verizon deems it uncompatible with PIX & FLIX. Stupid I know, but what more would you expect from them.

There is a WAP site for the Verizon PIX place and it sucks more than the WWW verzion, but at least its something. It is:

http://vzwpix.com/wap/

If you enter the correct information you can view the images and "download" them to your BB. I put it in quotes because you have to select 'Forward Message' and then send it to an EMAIL address that you receive on your phone. (If you select 'Send Msg to Self' it will just send you another txt that says you have a picture waiting) Then, you can download the attachment. It won't be the full copy of the image, be sure to select 'Full Image' but then you can only save what is visible on the screen.

So in typical Verizon fashon, its possible, but there are a few hoops you have to jump through on one foot and blindfolded.

If anybody knows a better way, PLEASE let us know, as this way is a pain in the............

[UPDATE]-I just spoke with tech support and he confirmed that since it "isn't a picture messaging phone, it can't receive picture messages."

Whatever.
    Last edited by jabbawabba; 07-09-2007 at 01:54 PM.

nitro82k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c0b8dc

If someone sends you a pix message to your area code and phone number @vzwpix.com i.e: 5551235555@vzwpix.com it will come thru and you can also save the pix once opening it as an attatchment, trust i work for the company. Oh yeah you cant receive pix with just the number cuz our blackberries dont have cameras. You can also upload your saved pix to pix place I will post the number later this week cuz i have it at work. Or you can also sync them.

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That isn't a good enough solution from verizon. When my friends are sending me pictures, my phone NUMBER is stored in their phone not its email address. I'm I supposed to remind all of my friends that I have a separate pix address they need to remember?? No.

Get you act together verizon.

Vatothe0 no está en línea Stack level 2

Have them send it to your actual email address. It's been this way on pda's without a camera for several years.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~most regular phones have spot for an email address. Not a big deal.

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just so everyone knows. I jumped from
    AT&T to Verizon and this issue sucks! I have spent wasted hours on phone and in person at a main store with techs on site! I actually knew more than everyone and that is sad! They didn't even know that the posted link below was on their own website! The link below is suppose to solve this issue, however you will find that you are locked out from disabling your firewall ... thanks again to Verizon!

http://dts.vzw.guided.atomz.com/exec...olve%20this%3F