I just got my 8830 a few weeks ago and everything was fine until i ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

ptrtwitch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BF543B

help with ringer on 8830/ alarm problems!

Advertisement

I just got my 8830 a few weeks ago and everything was fine until i did a hard reboot on the phone.

-Any ringtone I set sounds great when selected on the options window but when i get a call it's too low.

-The alarm only sets for the next day and not for the same day...
    ex of when it works: its monday 8pm and you set the alarm for tuesday 3am.
    ex of when it doesn't: its 1am monday morning and you set the alarm for 4am that same morning. A screen comes up with " alarm is set to 4am tuesday morning" instead of monday.

Please help!! I'm new to bb!!!

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: help with ringer on 8830/ alarm problems!

Are you going in to the profile screen, selecting advanced, then editing the profile you are wanting to change? Try changing the volume of the ringer under the "Phone" section. Make sure that you change both settings for the volume while the phone is in the holster and out. Make sure that neither of the Tone settings are set to Mute or just Vibrate.

As for the alarm issue, I'm not sure. Mine has always worked. Mine is set for 5am and goes off regardless of on Weekdays only per the settings.

ptrtwitch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BF543B

Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    Are you going in to the profile screen, selecting advanced, then editing the profile you are wanting to change? Try changing the volume of the ringer under the "Phone" section. Make sure that you change both settings for the volume while the phone is in the holster and out. Make sure that neither of the Tone settings are set to Mute or just Vibrate.

As for the alarm issue, I'm not sure. Mine has always worked. Mine is set for 5am and goes off regardless of on Weekdays only per the settings.

check check and check.
    I have everything set on high and tone. maybe its just the phone:cry: I deleted the alarm... Is there a place where I can DL it OTA?

Thanks alot tavella81!

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

No problem. Sorry to hear about your phone. Are you running the latest handheld software? I believe all of the 8830's are up to 4.2.2.176/3.0.0.76. If not, give that a try, as this will fix your alarm issue as well because I'm not aware of any OTA download of the app. The BB update site for Verizon is http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/. Make sure that you select the Blackberry Device Software v4.2 (updated 11/19/2007). You can download and install any CDMA version Blackberry handheld software for the 8830 by deleting the vendor.xml out of the c:\Program Files (x86)\common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (For 64-bit operating systems) or c:\Program Files\common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (32-bit operating systems, most users).

You can locate your current version by pressing the left ALT, left Shift, and the letter H. This is the Help Me page. The App version is the first number string I entered, the Platform is the second number I entered. If you have 4.2.2.123 or lower, I'd recommend BACKING UP your Blackberry and performing the upgrade. It should upgrade without a problem and keep your settings, but you never know.
    Last edited by tavella81; 01-05-2008 at 07:21 PM.