alright i am brandnew to the whole blackberry scene,i have created one theme so far ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

jwo71 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31C1447B

Question Help Loading 4.5 on 8830

Advertisement

alright i am brandnew to the whole blackberry scene,i have created one theme so far and have read about this os 4.5 beta for the 8830 (i have verizon) i d/l'd and deleted the vendor or w.e it is. I am completely lost from here on out,i plugged my phone in and started the desk top manager and i got nothing. i know everyone is tired of hearing it but if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    What version of Desktop Manager are you using?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    31C1447B
    4.7 i believe,the latest one

OK it's a 4.7 issue, it won't load an OS that's not from the carrier associated with the PIN number of the device. The fastest way around that is to go straight to the loader. On your computer go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader then double click on the loader icon and it should work from there. If you are looking for a long term fix you should downgrade to the 4.6 DM. But going straight to the loader as I instructed will get you upgraded
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    31C1447B
    thank you! but one more thing,its taking me to a part where I have to Add an application idk what to click on to upload....

UPDATE

ok ive deleted the 4.2 software from my pc,when it asks for what application i would like to load i click on Platform.alx file...am i right or wrong? because it is not working and just says No Additional Applications Designed for Your Device Were Found
    Last edited by jwo71; 01-28-2009 at 01:03 PM.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I use the 8830 from verizon. Phone software 4.5.0.101. DM 4.7. I had the same problem as you. Toying around awhile, I decided NOT to delete the vendor file. It updated perfectly. Why? Dunno, don't care. Worked everytime.
    Try it and let me know. It's the only version that I know of that does it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by jwo71 View Post
    thank you! but one more thing,its taking me to a part where I have to Add an application idk what to click on to upload....

UPDATE

ok ive deleted the 4.2 software from my pc,when it asks for what application i would like to load i click on Platform.alx file...am i right or wrong? because it is not working and just says No Additional Applications Designed for Your Device Were Found
    If you go to control panel Add & Remove programs, what's listed there for Blackberry?

Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    I use the 8830 from verizon. Phone software 4.5.0.101. DM 4.7. I had the same problem as you. Toying around awhile, I decided NOT to delete the vendor file. It updated perfectly. Why? Dunno, don't care. Worked everytime.
    Try it and let me know. It's the only version that I know of that does it this way.
    I have had that happen on occasion as well, even though OS from another carrier deleting the vendor .xml wasn't necessary. And in the opposite direction as well, when I updated my son's 8130 to the official Alltel version I had to delete the vendor .xml or it wouldn't recognize it, hmph, go figure.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    31C1447B
    alright ive downgraded my desktop software to 4.6,i tried putting the vendor file back nothing happened,but in the add/remove it has Blackberry Device software v4.5.0 for the Blackberry 8830 Smartphone and Blackberry Desktop software 4.6...idk whats going on but i just keep playing around with it but im not getting anything

LoCoTk no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had previously had BB desktop Manager V4.7 with Software 4.2
    Here is what I did with my Verizon 8830, after software update, GPS is enabled and working with BB MAPS and now Emails show up in HTML (somewhat HTML but still an improvement)
    Uninstalled the previous software 4.2 version but saved the "vendor.xml" file
    I then proceed to install 4.0.7_A4.5.0.101 and a tool called JL_Cmder.cmd
    After installation of both software.
    First Step:
    Make sure BB is connected with USB cable
    I executed JL_Cmder.cmd (following the simple instruction also keep in mind this wipes *everything* from BB) the BB will show an 507 error (if I recall correctly)
    Second:
    Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader and rename the "vendor.xml" file
    Third
    Go to [C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader]
    And double clicked on Loader.exe
    The loader Wizard will be displayed (follow the simple instructions) the loader will then update the bb unit with the new software.
    After completion I copied my Verizon "vendor.xml" file back to [C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader]
    And WALLA!
    Everything is working for me

PIN/ID
    31C1447B
    i tired it and it doesnt work for me,i moved the vendor file and then renamed the 4.5 vendor file and then i wiped it with the JL tool and tried to install the new software,maybe im not doing something right? what file do you click to install? ive been trying to platform.alx file but this isnt working,i think i might just give up?

PIN/ID
    31C1447B
    now it is stuck on the 507 error and my comp wont even recognize it anymore!

Sorry I was out for a few hours, OK when installing the OS you don't click an .alx file, you just hook your BB to the DM and it should recognize the update. Not sure what you did but 507 just means there's no OS on the phone. If your computer will not recognize the device try this thread:

http://forums.pinstack.com/f61/reinstall_os_computer_wont_recognize_device_connected-100854/
    Twitter? My Apps List