Dear Pinstackers, I am back to the BlackBerry nation after a brief detour into the ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Help: Having a few issues with my 8830

Advertisement

Dear Pinstackers,

I am back to the BlackBerry nation after a brief detour into the Windows Mobile world, hopefully never to return again.

I picked up my 8830 last night and I am having two main issues. First off, I set-up my email and I can receive emails just fine, but I cannot send emails. Anytime I go to compose an email it states that my "messaging service is not configured and all my messages will be saved as drafts." For a little background I have a small business and just set-up my email as an internet account which has worked well in the past with my 7105t. Any advice with this would be much appreciated.

Also, when I go to sync my BB to my computer via usb cable, it is not connecting to the desktop manager, even though my computer recognizes the device. Once again any help would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance,

mbwilson

mobilityguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help: Having a few issues with my 8830

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    For your send issue, go into the BIS service site for your carrier. Make sure your PIN and ESN are registered correctly there.
    After you've done that, on your handheld go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing table, open the menu, and select Register Now. You should be good to go in 10 min.

To connect your device, open DM, connect your BB and go to Options, Connection Settings, amd click Connect

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

...or resend service books via your carrier's BIS site.

PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try right now.

PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Moilityguy/Takeshi:

Thank you for the help. Problem solved I am up and running. Man did I miss my BB.

Thanks again.