Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Everyone, I borrowed my friend's PC and tried it again--it worked. I think the problem ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

injektilo no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Everyone,

I borrowed my friend's PC and tried it again--it worked. I think the problem was some kind of power issue with parallels desktop on the Mac. Somehow when resetting the BB the computer stopped recognizing the device and automatically disconnected it.

I should add that I updated my old BB Pearl on the Mac and had no problems, so it might just be an issue with the BB World Edition.

Thanks for your help.

JonnyPJr no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey there everyone

First of all hello, my name is John
    I have a BB 8900 curve , i tried updating mi software from 4.6 to 5.0 and it says the exact words
    a fatal error has occurred while uploading your device's software. Please try again later
    So , if anybody knows anything about this strange error and can help please tell me
    10X to all

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try again or try a different version of the 5.0 8900 device software
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I am using an desktop manager and that is updating my software, i tried using another computer, with other windows,
    I downloaded the newest desktop manager, i disabled the backup , i tried everything, and i don't know how to install the update without the desktop manager, or where to download it from, right now i have version 4.6.1.206 and the newest version is 5.0.0 so , how about a little help because i am a newbie in this BlackBerry software and application downloading and installing thing
    10x

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Jonny, are you sure this OS is for the 8900?

Here is a link for the latest beta release for the 8900, 5.0.0.554.

I think the desktop manager is not stupid, after he detect the phone to download update for other model, don't you agree ?

And another thing, how do i install the update after downloading it? Because in the desktop manager i didn't see any Browse button

And the beta thing, i hope if it is beta release doesn't affect the phone, to need another release in a mount or so...

When you click on the OS link to download, choose Run. That should install it on your computer. What OS are you running on the computer? To be sure it installed you can go into the Control Panel and look for it in the Programs and Features (on Vista/Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs on XP.

If you're sure you have it installed on your computer, then you can install it without Desktop Manager. Before you do this, however, perform a backup with Desktop Manager, then close Desktop Manager.

With your device connected to the computer, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader. Delete the vendor.xml file at the bottom, then double click the Loader executable towards the top. It'll have a little phone icon next to it.

Hope this helps!

I have win7 , didn't you find a non beta release
    Now i am downloading ht file, another 5 min and i have it, but a thing that is strange for me
    why do i have to install it to mi computer? Can i install a mobile software to windows?
    i will try , to see whats happening, hope that i won't do something bad

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyPJr View Post
    I have win7 , didn't you find a non beta release
    Now i am downloading ht file, another 5 min and i have it, but a thing that is strange for me
    why do i have to install it to mi computer? Can i install a mobile software to windows?
    i will try , to see whats happening, hope that i won't do something bad
    You have to install the OS on your PC... and then use the Loader.exe to install it on your device.... I have Win7 as well and this is how you update your OS... just follow the directions RogerG stated above... delete the Vendor.xml file after you install it, then run the Loader.exe.

Wireless upgrades are available with the newer OS releases, but it has to be for your specific carrier. And even then, I'm not sure you can upgrade the whole OS via wireless upgrade. Having said that, the only way to get a new OS onto your device is through the Application Loader, whether it is through Desktop Manager or the Loader executable, which allows you to circumvent Desktop Manager.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    What carrier is this device on? If it's T-Mobile, there is no 5.0 OS for it and likely never will be. As far as Desktop Manager updating my device, I have this disabled. It will only detect the newest release for your carrier. If you attempt to load the software from another carrier, which is totally fine as long as the device model is the same, it won't let you. It will constantly ask you to downgrade. Follow Roger's advice on downloading the newest leak, .544 from the thread he linked, and the rest of his instructions for loading it and you should be fine. I'm running .544 and it is a very stable release.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Ok boys, i've done everything the loader was ok, the application ended, and now the phone wont start, its loading at the start half way and stops, wont go from there, now what?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast