Hello Im in sweden and just put my old card in from a swedish provider ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Dalborg no está en línea Stack level 1

Question HELP! cant get my e-mail and data to work

Advertisement

Hello
    Im in sweden and just put my old card in from a swedish provider how runs on 3G & GPRS in my case GPRS and it works great but i cant get any data contact at al just say´s connection not connected.. i called cusomservice at my provider and i just gave me a webb adress (http://www.telenor.se/220.jsp) ther i could get my settings for e-mail , data , and wap.. know i dont know what settings to use or were to put them in my phone,,, can not find in my phone...

thanks and please help me!

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Try going to options > advanced options > TCP and entering the APN details there.

The 8830 is a CDMA device, do Swedish carriers use the CDMA network?

The link you posted is in Swedish which I can't read from the wap site.

the 8830 is cdma when you are in north america and automatic on gsm when you are otside... your north american provider usually give you a gsm card that´s roming on you contract but RIM made sure that they can´t lock the phone on gsm mode so you can put a pay as you go card or whatever you want... on gsm mode it just suport 2G and GPRS on 3G what sucks but it works....

thanks

Can still not find anything more then apn username and password and the provider tells me to leave empty...

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hello again, Dalborg. Two questions : have you moved permanently back to Sweden? is the 8830 still tied to a Bell Mobility account in Canada?

The reason I ask is that in order to receive data using a SIM not original to the phone you would have to enroll in Blackberry plan with your 'new' carrier, which means you would most likely need to close and let go of the Bell plan.
    If the move is not permanent (i.e. your are just visiting home) then the hassle is not worth the hoops you need to jump in order to make things work.

But you do need a Blackberry specific plan in order to get your email to flow, browser to work and be able to download anything OTA.

Good luck

No i will be back i Canada in a couple of weeks so i guess i can take it for now.... thanks anyway...

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea, unfortunately being able to swap SIM on the 8830 is only good for voice only when done on a temporary basis.

Take care,
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~