Hi, my name is James, from Trenton, Ontario, Canada, l know nothing about the BlackBerry ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

james1959 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Hello, my name is james need help with my blackberry world edition 8830 jvm

Advertisement

Hi, my name is James, from Trenton, Ontario, Canada, l know nothing about the BlackBerry World Edition cell phone model 8830 my son gave me.
    In summer of 2009, my son gave me the above phone to see if l could get it working, if l did l could keep it.
    My son had above phone about 10 months now about 15 months old.
    His other identical phone he wanted to upgrade from first blackberry but when above message came on screen had a hard time from bell to try get software back.

So needing it for his business he bought another blackberry, l am hoping some one can help me, don't think phone has any software on it.
    when l turn it on only shows the JVM Error 102 reset message, l have tried many things on line related to this error nothing works.
    I don't have the $ 400.00 plus bell told him it would cost to fix it, because my cpp disability pension is only
    $ 679.00 a month.

I am using a used cheap bell phone l found when driving taxi but is not blue tooth, please help me.
    If anyone can help me please email me at jimswoodworking@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    James God Bless

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome James! I think we can get you back up and running, but you'll need to do a few things to prepare.

First, you'll need to download a little utility program called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) from here.

Second, you'll need to download and install the most current OS (Operating System) for your device. I'll see if I can find that for you here in a minute.

I'm going to move this thread to a more appropriate forum, but in the meantime, go ahead with the first step and I'll post back with a link for your operating system.

Cheers,
    Roger

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Who is your phone carrier, James?