I have the sprint 8830 w.e. And was wandering what my headphone choices are. I ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

N1tr0u543 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c87f57

headphones and the 8830

Advertisement

I have the sprint 8830 w.e. And was wandering what my headphone choices are. I tried a bluetooth earpiece but it doesn't work with the media player. Just the phone. I tried a 3/32 to 1/8 adapter and it gave me almost inaudible sound and only in one ear phone. Are there any bluetooth stereo headphones that work witht the media player? Thnx in advance.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: headphones and the 8830

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the moto s9 I tried looking for a regular pair but just wouldn't work out

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1) Go to Seidio Online.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...&Category=1121

2) Choose any of the 4 different kinds of adapters
    a) 2-IN-1 retractable (w/built in mic) $34.95
    b) 2-IN-1 standard (w/built in mic) $34.95
    c) Standard $9.85
    d) Standard (w/built in mic) $15.95

I use the Standard (w/built in mic) connected to a regular male/male 3.5 mm adapter cable to connect to my car. This way I can play my music over the car stero and when a call comes in I just hit the answer button and the music pauses and I can listen to the other party via the car stereo while talking through the speakerphone mic in the cable that's laying in the cupholder near the gearshift. The voice quality is so good that I've abandoned my car's built-in bluetooth.

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by N1tr0u543 View Post
    I have the sprint 8830 w.e. And was wandering what my headphone choices are. I tried a bluetooth earpiece but it doesn't work with the media player. Just the phone. I tried a 3/32 to 1/8 adapter and it gave me almost inaudible sound and only in one ear phone. Are there any bluetooth stereo headphones that work witht the media player? Thnx in advance.
    The Seidio adaptors are great and work beautifully! I own two.

For Stereo Bluetooth, I use the somewhat unknown iLuv (really) i903s. They are excellent quality and work very well with the Media Player on my Sprint 8830.

/BD

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I also like the Seidio adapters because I can use my high end ear buds. I was initially concerned about having these nice ear buds because I would have had to buy a new set JUST to use with my BB. This solved the problem!

loc
    loc no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm going to buy the 2.5 to 3.5 adaptor since my radio shack one does not work......is there a discount code from siedio for this? Thanks

N1tr0u543 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c87f57

same boat loc. i tried the radioshack 2.5 to 3.5 adapter and got a hardly audible buzzing when i pleayed my music. i tried one of the headsets thats an ear bud with a microphone attached and it worked with the mediaplayer but sound quality was horrrrrrible. i was also only using the www.tinytube.com videos as a test but i have some really nice ear buds id love to be able to use. thnx for all the input.

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

I just bought a Plantronics Voyager 855 and it works fantastic with my 8820 and my friend's Verizon 8830. Look for my thread on it that got moved from here to the Accessories forum.

edit: Here's the link...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_8820_a.html
    Last edited by tweezak; 01-16-2008 at 06:04 PM.

beja no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ don't bother with the adapters. I tried them and had no luck. Eventually I picked up a pair of BB OEM headphones off of eBay for $10 and they've worked well for me. I have also used it for calls but generally use my mono BT piece for that.

rrachlow no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone have experience w/the Earglove Stereo headset by Body Glove? My friend uses them on the Moto Q, and likes them -- will they work on the 8830 w.e.??

Here's a link to them (well, not an actual LINK b/c I'm not stack level 2 - you have to cut 'n paste the following into google/amazon/etc. ):

Body Glove Earglove Sport for Stereo 2.5 mm Headphone

Thanks!! Bob

DanU no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3011DF51

Check out Motorola S9's for stereo Bluetooth.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive had 3 diffrent bodyglove headsets and they all had to be returened poor quailty long term but great for a few day I got the moto s9 and called it a day

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43

I have a stero set from naviblue that works awsome picked them up for about 40-50$ Comes with mike that connects via mini usb, I also use them for my pc. Awsome buy especially for price. Get the exact modle # for you when I get home
    "This life almost didn't happen"

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Hi, I read your post on the Seidio headphones. I have an 8300 and really like the oem headset but the dime-size bud is uncomfortable. I bought a $40 pair of sony earphones, the treble is great, but the bass is almost non-existant. Im looking at the Seidio in ear headset, how is the bass on your Seidios? thanx in advance

shotwell no está en línea Stack level 1
    Tried the Radio Shack $9.99 adapter too, and it didn't work at all. Took it back to Radio Shack and got the only other option they carried: the BodyGlove "Earglove Sport Stereo". Sound is a bit muffled (not super-clear) but it works. A special note: when playing music, play in "handset" mode then plug in the headphones... When the 8830 was playing music in Speakerphone mode, plugging the headphones in did not work, even when I switched to Handset mode. Only worked when I started in Handset mode.

How clear is the sound on the other headphones people have tried? Disappointed in the treble on these. But for $34.99 I guess it works for now.