I have the Sprint 8830 and so does my wife. For some reason on my ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

capitalst no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS not working all the time. Have to restart 8830

Advertisement

I have the Sprint 8830 and so does my wife. For some reason on my phone I can't get the GPS feature to work in the Navi and maps. It tries to connect to a GPS. Finally I have to pull the battery and do it again for it to work. I've done this with both my phone and my wifes right next to each other and hers works 100% of the time and mine about 50% of the time. What could be wrong with my phone??

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)

Re: GPS not working all the time. Have to restart 8830

I would say maybe nothing.. My friend has GPS with his VZW 8830 and it glitches out sometimes. I have a 7520(sprint/nextel) and it works solid as a rock. Thats my 2 cents. Its either the vzw assisted GPS deal or it could be the chip within the 8830.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm having the same problem with my 8830 as well. Sometimes the GPS works right away, other times I have to wait for Sprint Navigation to time out while attempting to activate the GPS. I have noticed that rebooting or pulling the battery doesn't always work. TeleNav does the same thing. I'm thinking I may have to wipe the device and start fresh, but I can usually get it working within 5-10 minutes. I will most likely wipe my phone tomorrow and start fresh. I'm running 4.2.2.176, how about yourself? Not sure if this is a factor or not. The other 8830 appears to work fine. It's an older production model with the Yellow Sprint boot up screen, while mine has the new Black "Sprint Ahead" logo.

capitalst no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm running the newest verison as well 4.2.2.176. My wifes is still the old version so I wonder if this is the issue????