Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Talked to our companies vzw rep today to have her switch me ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

remmy00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: GPS attempt on the 8830

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Talked to our companies vzw rep today to have her switch me over to the 29.99 plan

Asked about nav and she told me it will be available for the 8830 towards the end of this month...

Always add the grain of salt

sourcemine no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by remmy00 View Post
    Talked to our companies vzw rep today to have her switch me over to the 29.99 plan

Asked about nav and she told me it will be available for the 8830 towards the end of this month...

Always add the grain of salt
    It's available now.. TELUS 4.2.2.176 + VZ Navigator for the 8830... just gotta poke around..

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Will this enable the onboard GPS to work with BB or Google maps or do I need to pay for the $9.99 VZ Navigator service?

sourcemine no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by rweckhoff View Post
    Will this enable the onboard GPS to work with BB or Google maps or do I need to pay for the $9.99 VZ Navigator service?
    Just VZ navigator..

Firefishe no está en línea Stack level 2

We all really need to think about "class action" on vzw. The narrow minded, Muth-like actions of Verizon Wireless's advertising and planning dept. are having a negative effect on the industry. Also, they being the largest cdma carrier in North America should carry with it the understanding that, if you mess with your customer with unfair practices, then you will be looked at with even closer scrutiny.

--Firefishe

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Deleted
    Last edited by Dubdub; 11-11-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Deleted

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

I had a problem getting my GPS navigation to work on Alltel 8830, as well. Since Alltel utilized a CDMA network as well, I assume this trick should work with you. After speaking with a couple of different customer service representatives, I ran into one who explained to me that the GPS is locked when you originally purchase the phone and to use services such as Google Maps and Blackberry Maps, GPS needs to be unlocked. To unlock GPS all he instructed me to do was to download Telenav, install it and setup an account an then viola, the GPS would be unlocked for other navigation programs to use as well. That is exactly what I did, and I then cancelled my Telenav subscription. My GPS based programs like Google Maps and Blackberry Maps have been working flawlessy ever since. I hope that helps.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

Um, im on the telenav site, and it states that the software would require an additional "Puck" for a hundred bucks.
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

58vette no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3049D993

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~nim or networks in motion is making money hand over fist making apps for companies including verizon, sprint, AAA and so on I am begining to belive its hopeless the more I try the more I learn so if anything I might not know my exact position but I've increased the I.Q. By a few digits lol

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by justajason View Post
    Um, im on the telenav site, and it states that the software would require an additional "Puck" for a hundred bucks.
    I don't understand what you are saying. I just downloaded the Telenav app, subscribed to the service and that unlocked my gps.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Do you have verizon? Your gps is unlocked on verizon?

PIN/ID
    242C7F74

Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    Do you have verizon? Your gps is unlocked on verizon?
    My question too. The telenav site where I was looking to use the method you mentioned, listed the VZW 8830 so I clicked. Then it gave me the option for the device. And stated that the equipment required a 'Puck".
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

If I was you I would just "fire" Verizon Wireless.
    But then again, sometimes you have what you have because thats all that is available.
    But then you just call and bitch.

PIN/ID
    242C7F74

I am considering this option. At&t blatently tells you what they are doing. The service is good in my area of florida. And from what I hear, their CS department is on the better end. My only concern is insurance for the devices. I've looked into outside sources for policies, and am not impressed. VZW has a lot to learn about the tech savvy. And one of those things is, we want what we pay for. Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Quote Originally Posted by justajason View Post
    I am considering this option. At&t blatently tells you what they are doing. The service is good in my area of florida. And from what I hear, their CS department is on the better end. My only concern is insurance for the devices. I've looked into outside sources for policies, and am not impressed. VZW has a lot to learn about the tech savvy. And one of those things is, we want what we pay for. Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah, its a big dissapointment that ATT doesnt have an insurance...
    On the other hand how many BB's do you use? You sound like you have multiple..
    And how often do you loose one?
    If you pay 7 dlls monthly per phone, and have what 3 listed on your profile, thats 21 dlls a month, 21*12=252/yr
    If you loose a cell phone every year.....
    just budget 21 dlls a month to your savings account.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast