Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That's correct...no entries in the SMS database.... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Dano1969 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302218F3

Advertisement

That's correct...no entries in the SMS database.

PIN/ID
    302218F3
    Sorry to be such a pain....still and issue. I guess I'll have to pull the battery again. I would have thought there would be a simple fix.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano1969 View Post
    Sorry to be such a pain....still and issue. I guess I'll have to pull the battery again. I would have thought there would be a simple fix.
    Dano, try my suggestion in post 14. Takes a little longer but as long as you do not restore the messaging databases the phantom icon should go away.

PIN/ID
    302218F3
    I did do what you suggested and it does go away. However after a few days a new ghost message appears.

Is there anything that will stop this from happening?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano1969 View Post
    I did do what you suggested and it does go away. However after a few days a new ghost message appears.

Is there anything that will stop this from happening?
    Wow! It came back so quickly? That is strange. What theme are you using. It could possibly have something to do with that. Is it a custom theme? A Zen theme? Both have had some reports of glitchiness. Maybe try a different theme and then run through it again and see if it sticks. Other then that...... reload the software? That's the only other thing I could think of.

PIN/ID
    302218F3
    Yep...using iBerry Blocks 4.2.1 today theme

bigbinxter no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Another method

Hey, all. I have this issue all the time, too. What an annoying little glitch. Fortunately, I have a trick that works for me that doesn't require quite as much work as post #14.

1. I go into my Messages
    2. Mark the ghost SMS message as UNREAD
    3. Return to my home screen (the ghost message disappears from the list at this point)
    4. I go back into my messages and view the ghost message again to mark it as read.

Outcome: The home screen is clear and my message count is accurate.

I hope that trick works for you, too!
    Binx

psiswarm no está en línea Stack level 1
    Go to your messages and select the top date (scroll all the way up). Click options->mark prior open and fixes it. Its a glitch in the today them that happens when you unlock your phone to check the message and it opens the message instantly and skips the default screen.

PIN/ID
    302218F3
    Didn't work for me but the bigbinxter procedure did....sometimes 3 or 4 messages. Hopefully there will be some sort of fix for this

gcarva no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have this problem all the time. I know the blackberry forum suggests to remove the battery until they find a solution to this problem, but I also have a trick that works every time. One of them is to mark it as unread, as someone suggested.

The other I use is to go to messages - options - general options and then I switch "SMS and Email Inboxes from" from Combined to Separate and the back to combined and the ghost message is gone.

TruEAO no está en línea Stack level 1
    Go to your messages and select the top date (scroll all the way up). Click options->mark prior open and fixes it. Its a glitch in the today them that happens when you unlock your phone to check the message and it opens the message instantly and skips the default screen.

This one worked pretty well for me. Thanks

mikehage no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    i used to get this on my bb 8830, i figure out a very easy fix when this happens just go to your messages icon and scroll to the very top and then hit the menu key and then just click on mark prior opened and voila ghost message gone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12