so, turns out that ofter my 5th d.o.a. moto Q (many will say no big ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Max'dBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301A8C9C

forced to switch to bb 8830

Advertisement

so, turns out that ofter my 5th d.o.a. moto Q (many will say no big surprize) on the Alltel network, i was forced to take a bb 8830 world edition(at no cost), or pay $200 to get out of my contract, and i am having a hard time adjusting.. the ringer is to quite for me to hear, opera mini is way slower, i get java script errors evrytime i run YIM, limited memory on the phone, and cant run programs form the memory card, and my GPS can NEVER find a satelite; even from the top of the local grain elevator(120ft in the air and no obstructions) and the list goes on.. i have been searching the site for about a week, and am having trouble coming up with helpful info.. i have found tons of good info, but not that seems to partain/ work on my phone..

thanx, adam

p.s. every1 seems super cool though

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: forced to switch to bb 8830

I'm not up to speed on the Q, besides the name and am biased when it comes to the BB!

I run YIM constantly with no interruptions at all.

120ft up and no sat reception??? WOW! That's crazy!

I personally se the default browser and get satisfactory results...but again have never used to Q and can't compare it to it's speed!

Wish you the best with youe 8830 though...enjoy!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    301A8C9C

i was getting a consistent 900k speeds on my q when in evdo, and am barely gettin 350k with the bb.

jdub71 no está en línea Stack level 2

Could you not get the htc 6800?

PIN/ID
    301A8C9C

The 6800 doesn't give the reception that I need.. I am in a low service area.. At work I had no service with my Q, n 1 sumtimes 2 bars on my BB

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

The reception problems come from the towers in your area, not the device. There may not be enough towers to give you the signal to use the GPS.

As far as ringtones, there should be some really loud ones to install on your phone. The Opera Mini problems are related to your signal also. As for the Yahoo problems, try deleting and reinstalling it. If that doesn't work, try JiveTalk www.beejive.com There is a free 30 day trial. After that you have to pay to keep it.

The memory card is only for storing ringtones, pics, movies, video clips, pictures. This will help keep your device memory high since it won't be bogged down with the extra media files.

B1 Power Wagon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301AA9EC

I can't speak to the rest of your problems but for your GPS make sure your location (under options/advanced options) is set to "on". That might fix that problem.

My business partner has the Q and I have the 8830, both on Alltel. So far the BB is the better phone for reception. And the BB wins hands down for email delivery and battery life.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

If you have a Verizon 8830, then GPS is disabled and you won't find any satellites at all..