Has anyone stumbled on an 8830 Cradle allows it to be used while the case ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

remmy00 no está en línea Stack level 2

For BlackBerry: 8830 cradle that fits with case??

Advertisement

Has anyone stumbled on an 8830 Cradle allows it to be used while the case is still on? I have both a skin and a rubberized shell and I end up having to remove them whenever I use the cradle

I have puirchased two different styles of cradles (would show the pics but I guiess only Level 2 or higher can show pics/post links)

Thanks for any help!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: For BlackBerry: 8830 cradle that fits with case??

There isn't one as of yet. I bought a cradle for the 8830 that has the mini usb mounted so you can slide the uncased BB onto it. Once I put on a plastic case, I had to make some mods to the cradle.

The short version is that I had to shorten the two mounting posts that held the usb connector on the cradle, so that it would stick out further from the cradle casing. Now, the BB sits at a slight angle once I cradle it. but it works.

Another easier, yet somewhat less attractive option is to take a cradle for a 6500 or 7500 series BlackBerry, and put something across the front to keep the BB from sliding out. I folded a piece of clear packing tape in half lengthwise, and then taped it to the front and sides. Then, you can use a normal mini usb cable.

One of the guys in my office does something similar using a Belkin stand designed to hold a Dell Digital Jukebox. It's weighted, so once you put the BB into it, you can slip your usb cable through the cable holder, and connect it to the BB.