Hello all, I am experiencing an error 500 when I try to open a .doc ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

ddaddy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Error 500 please help

Advertisement

Hello all, I am experiencing an error 500 when I try to open a .doc file. The file is a link on my companies web site. I tried to change the emulation mode on my browser config. to microsoft IE but this does nothing. I played with an iphone recently and it opens them just fine and so did the treo I had before my 8830. This is really important that I can open these files while I am working in the field. Can somebody shine some light on this for me PLEASE.
    Thank You

benjabi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30199D6E
    i don't beleive you can open doc files on bb without the proper 3rd party application

Do you know of any? I could not get eoffice to work although maybe I don't know what I am doing. Like I said it is a link on my companies web site. Should an app like eoffice just open it up when I click the link or do I have to configure something. Thanks for responding so quickly! Talk about frustrated

danbra no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi,
    eOffice will not open such a link, it will open a file or an attachment stored on your BB or on the network folder. You may download this file to your PC, send as attachment to your BB or synch via eFile Desktop and then open when in the field. If you have eFile Server (corporate sollution) installed on the company BES you might have shared folders for files. Also a file can be pushed to a BB from BES with eFile. IF you have questions please feel free to contact me via PM.
    As far as I know there are no such third party applications which will open a file followwing a link.
    Dynoplex Inc.
    Productivity for Blackberry

Thanks alot! I really appreciate the help. How come the iphone and the treo can open this link? Is it the OS on my bb? Is the new OS going to fix this problem? Thanks again