I dropped my phone last night and since then I keep getting a JVM Error ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

shlee93 no está en línea Stack level 1

Error 102 - reinstalling software

Advertisement

I dropped my phone last night and since then I keep getting a JVM Error 102 on my screen with a reset link. The reset link does not work and I've been told I need to reinstall all the software on my phone. However, I can't get my computer to acknowledge that my phone is connected. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this short of getting a new phone? Thanks.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    have you downloaded and installed the new device software on to your PC? make sure you do that first.

open DM and while its 'working' double click app loader. a lot of times, my DM won't automatically connect, but i can 'force' it to by double clicking app loader. it then brings up a window asking to select the device (not sure of exact words). select your bb from the drop down and you should be good to go.

IF that does not work, then here is your other solution.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html

post back here with issues/problems that way we can help...

shlee93 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks. I tried the app loader and it seems to find what i have installed on my handheld although I'm not sure if that's from memory or if it's actually seeing my device. When I try to connect, it can't seem to find the device then. I tried the other solution and that doesn't seem to work either. Any other advice?

Thanks.

CraigBos no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mine acted the exact same way last night. And I was able to use instructions found here on PinStack to completely recover the device.

I tried following these instructions: http: //blackberryforums.pinstack.com/5178-how_reinstall_os_when_computer_won_t_recognize_dev ice_connected.html but it was ineffective. Also I had no backup.

In the end, I bit the bullet and followed these instructions (less data restoration): http: //blackberryforums.pinstack.com/10781-jvm_error_102_-_step_step_fix.html

The device came back with phone and BIS functions working, but no BES. As soon as I connected it to my work computer, Enterprise Activation started. Once that completed, I needed to reload 3rd party apps and reset screen/keyboard options. Everything else came with Enterprise Activation.

All in all, a very easy fix considering I had no backup.