1) Is there anyway we can set the emails to go into their specific folders ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

frenchleo2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Emails to specific folders and download Q?

Advertisement

1) Is there anyway we can set the emails to go into their specific folders instead of only the main Messsages folders? I have Gmail, Yahoo and other accounts but everything goes into one main folder and it gets frustrating. Please help.

2) And what's the best way to download programs into my 8830 from here? I downloaded the Zip file to my laptop then what? or should i just use my Blackberry to download?

Thanks,

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    You should still be getting your mail sent to the specific email folders on your screen (gmail,etc...) (They are the other envelope icons) along with them being sent to the messages folder. For the downloading you can do it OTA (Over the Air)to your BB or through the APP Loader on your BB Desktop Manager on your laptop.

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchleo2000 View Post
    1) Is there anyway we can set the emails to go into their specific folders instead of only the main Messsages folders? I have Gmail, Yahoo and other accounts but everything goes into one main folder and it gets frustrating. Please help.
    I find that annoying as well but after 6 months of BB use, I'm getting used to it. It's just part of the BB "email philosophy" and different than what I've used in the past.

In the next OS update, there is supposed to be an option to change the color of the background or border depending on the email source, so at least then you'll be able to tell at a glance where the message came from if it wasn't already obvious.

If it helps, you can also separate SMS and Emails via Options->General Options->SMS and Email Inboxes:Separate
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)