I just got my 8830 on Saturday and really love it. However, I have not ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

edwardteach no está en línea Stack level 1

Email is also going into Messages

Advertisement

I just got my 8830 on Saturday and really love it. However, I have not figured out all of the tech stuff, and am really not too tech oriented. Problem is this - when I receive an email it goes into my email box and also posts into my messages box. I want it to go into the message box but not post it also into my message box. I am sure there is a fix for this that I haven't yet discovered. Can anyone help?

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ all messaging goes through your message box. You can use Besmailbox program (not sure if it works with Bis too) to seperate it from mailbox and message folder. Hope this helps

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    Nope, cant happen. The messages box gets any message that comes into the phone. You can separate SMS out, open the messages folder, press menu, general settings, scroll down, SMS ans Email Separate.

Thats about all you can do.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    -------

HOW TO: Seperate Email and SMS folders GUIDE
    Last edited by Bluebell Wood; 03-13-2008 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Automerged.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    cjcarbone is correct.
    I use the method he described to seperate my SMS from email messages & it works very well.

It's also a much better choice since you don't want to put any more third party software apps on your BlackBerry than is truly needed. They all take more of your memory which is limited to 64k.

I would encourage you to spend some time here on PinStack browsing the various areas of the site. You will find this is the highest & best use of your time, as there is no other single source with more info & helpful people than here.

One more tip for you. Go to the home (or start) screen & there you will find a Yellow colored Question mark icon. This is your onboard help file. It contains answers to a majority of your questions. You can also access it very easily from anywhere your at. For example if you are in the messages area & have a problem, simply push the menu key (the key to the left of the Trackball) and choose help, the first choice at the top of the list. That will take you directly to the help section specifically for messages.

Likewise, whenever you are doing anything on your BB, by hitting the menu key & help, it takes you directly to the proper help section so you do not have to find it on your own.

When I got my first BB, whenever I had a few extra minutes I would go to the help icon from the start screen & read. It's a great way to learn your BB quickly & easily.

By exploring around this way you will also speed up the process of learning & enjoying your BB.

Welcome to PinStacks you are going to enjoy it here!

Cheers!

via RedBerry *8310*
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, folks, thanks for all the quick replies. I followed the advice of CJCarbone and separated my sms from messages. Then what I did was hide the messages icon. I think that should accomplish my goal. I suppose messages will still accumulate in the hidden icon, but I can either ignore it or reduce the number of days until auto delete. Any thoughts? I love my 8830.

Good idea.

You will want to delete any SMS or email messages as soon as you are done with them, as they all take up memory.

Cheers

via RedBerry *8310*
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Another tip for you edwardteach,
    To check your available memory from the start screen hit Options / Status & your memory will be listed next to File Free.

via RedBerry *8310*
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    The original question was about seperating email. Seperating SMS won't help that. Maybe I misunderstood what was being asked.

Saukrateaz - It was my fault for not wording the question right. The end goal was to have email go to email and sms go to sms. As it was before CJcarbone gave me tip was that I had one icon for email and one icon for messages and both were lighting up when I got a message of any sorts. Now with the tip, my messages icon is hidden and I get email lit up when clients send me an email and my sms icon lights up when my 15 year old daughter sends me a text (which is what she and all her friends seem to do). I can pick and choose which one I want to view.

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    Also, your PIN messages go to your messages folder, and theres no way to separate them.

Just keep in mind, if you get a message notification, and its not an email or SMS, that it probably is in the messages folder...

And if you delete an email from your email folder, it will automatically remove it from your messages folder as well, it doesnt actually put 2 copies on your BB, just 1, it just shows in 2 places..

Glad to help!!

Hmmmm let me think a moment to calculate

OK, yes now I have it: 15yr old daughter = 2,000 messages per month .....

Did I get that right?

At least that's what my neighbor's daughter uses...

Cheers!

via RedBerry *8310*

(wap.pinstack.com)~