how do you think it looks? the black is so much nicer looking, no? do ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

tfc25 no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anyone have the silver 8830?

Advertisement

how do you think it looks? the black is so much nicer looking, no? do you think verizon will update with a black version like they did for the motorola q?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Does anyone have the silver 8830?

I love the looks of my silver 8830. I think I would choose the silver over the black. I love the polished sides. I also have my doubts that Verizon will release a black one.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what about the buttons? Hard to use compared to the 8703 or the older 7250s?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

You may find them harder on a couple different aspects, 1) backlight color (common complaint), 2) tighter keys. They keyboard is actually easy to get used to though. As far as the keyboard and the silver. Initially I was a bit disappointed with the silver, but as soon as I saw it the silve looks completely cool and very natural. Sort of like the variances between the 7130's They are just DIFFERENT between them, but each of them looks alright on it's own.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    After using the Verizon 8830 I went back to my 8703. I wanted to keep the 8830 because of the media player and voice functions but I had to conclude that the 8830 is the Lotus Notes of Blackberries. This means that if you go down a checklist you can check off that it has all the required functionality for each checklist item but when you try to use it the implementation is so bad that you want to scream.

Checklist
    GPS - check...except it isn't.
    Keyboard - check - except it doesn't work right
    Keyboard backlight - check - except you can't see the keyboard in dim lighting and then even have to tilt the unit left or right to barely see that half of the keyboard
    Media Player - check - except that if your meta tags aren't identical then it'll split an album up into multiple pieces. Ie. if an album is by a group but one of the songs features another artist (Hips don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean), then that song gets seperated from the rest of the album.

See just like Lotus Notes. Now I have to wait years? for Verizon to carry the Curve.

JustLeft no está en línea Stack level 2

I was initially disappointed with the silver. However, after seeing it I like it better than the black 8800. I never thought I would like a silver phone over black, but this one has changed my mind. I have no issues whatsoever with the blue backlight for the keyboard.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~seems like mixed reviews pretty much. Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow when I am in store to try it.

In terms of appearance, does the silver look better in person than in the picture? (I find the picture very dull looking)

JustLeft no está en línea Stack level 2

Definitely looks better in person.

Quote Originally Posted by tfc25
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~seems like mixed reviews pretty much. Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow when I am in store to try it.

In terms of appearance, does the silver look better in person than in the picture? (I find the picture very dull looking)

tc
    tc no está en línea Stack level 1

I have both the 8703 and the 8830 I like the build of the 8703 better but I do like the size of the the 8830 and I like the keyboard on the new one.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just got the 8830. Yes the keyboard takes some getting used to, but honestly it seems fine. For the proce that I paod for it, I'm def not going to complain (199 + mail in of 100 making it 99). If I hate it within 30 days ill return for a refund and go back to the 8703

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

I love the keyboard. The feel of it is fantastic.

As for the color, I think it's pretty sharp but that's completely personal preference.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by tfc25
    do you think verizon will update with a black version like they did for the motorola q?
    Probably not. How many other BB's are offered in different colors from a single carrier? Just the Pearl.

If you want a black VZW 8830 your best bet is to buy a black housing and swap.

Roosta no está en línea Stack level 2

I asked at a store and was told that the black version, which I agree is MUCH MUCH nicer, will not be coming to verizon.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Au contraire! There is an alternative!! I believe the site is www.cnn.net. They sell completely unbranded shells, black! Kinda spendy I think at $67 (I think). But it'll do the trick if you're desperate. For me I just bought the black keyboard from them for like $6 and am now completely happy with my silve 8830.