I think that I might have an issue with the display on my 8830. I ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

dsquared81 no está en línea Stack level 1

display issue with my 8830?

I think that I might have an issue with the display on my 8830. I hope I can describe my observations as clear as possible so please bear with me. It seems like the themes I use (the default ones and the VZW one) display unevenly. The color is lighter about 1/3 of the way from the top. Its like light blue and then towards the bottom it is regular blue. Is this normal? Is this how it was designed? Or is there a defect with my BB? I also use the Iphone theme too and that has different shades of gray (when I lock the buttons). When I have the icons show (with the fish behind it) there is an almost white bar across the top. I've tried to search for images of the various themes that I have online, but I have been unsuccessful. This is my first BB, I love it, but I just wanted to know if that is how it is supposed to be of if there is an issue with my phone. Thanks in advance...

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: display issue with my 8830?

I am also using a 8830. Generally the area around the top is lighter but not by a whole lot. You will see this due to all the icons up there for the time and signal and the batter. Its just a shade lighter and you can see the point at which its changed over. I also use the unlocked T-Mo theme with the icons at the bottom and there is a once again a lighter bar area there where the icons are. just a shade lighter. I would suggest unlocking the other themes or downloading some free ones and seeing if your problem is in everyone. If it is then I would have your 8830 looked at. Depending on how old it is(and it cant be older than a couple months) it should still be under warrenty if it isnt working properly. Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions or follow up.
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....