If you wanted to disable roaming on your 8830 (both data and voice roaming will ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

PIN/ID

Thumbs up Disable roaming on your 8830 (voice and data)

Advertisement

If you wanted to disable roaming on your 8830 (both data and voice roaming will be disabled) go to options>mobile network>Set your Network mode to 1XEV and Set your Network selection mode to Home Only.

You can see the "home only" option ONLY if you have the Network mode set to 1XEV

I noticed that sprint was counting my roaming voice minutes, and I think that is not fair to be charged roaming minutes when the device cannot be set to home network only, well it turned out that you could set it to home network by selecting the 1XEV, so go figure. I worked on this with cp6169

pline4099 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Disable roaming on your 8830 (voice and data)

I thought roaming was free with sprint. I was told this when I purchased my 8830.

PIN/ID

data roaming is free, but voice roaming on a non-sprint netword is not free AFAIK, they're tracking my roaming voice minute use, and I think they're going to bill me.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Data roaming and voice roaming depend on your rate plan. Please check with customer care or ask here on pinstack if your plan has roaming, or even check sprint.com.

PIN/ID

OK, so here is my plan, it does not say anything about roaming so I assume I will be charged

1200 Anytime Minutes
    • Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes
    • Nights: M-Th 8PM-7AM Wknd: F 8PM-M 7AM
    • Minutes Are Shared On This Plan
    • All Minutes Include Long Distance
    • Caller ID, Call Waiting
    • Three-way Calling
    • Voicemail
    • Additional Anytime Minutes $.40 Per Min.
    OptionPrice (if applicable) Mobile to Mobile, Equipment protection, UNLIMITED SMS MESSAGES,PCS VISION - BLACKBERRY UNLIMITED PACK