Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you for your reply. My name is Jameelah and I am happy to assist ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Yester18 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Did everyone with a VZW 8830 get a sim card?

Thank you for your reply. My name is Jameelah and I am happy to assist you the procedure to unlock your BlackBerry 8830 World Edition phone. I apologize for all the inconveniences you have experienced thus far.

We were not given the unlock codes for the BlackBerry 8830 device until recently because we were waiting the unlock codes from the manufacturer, Research In Motion. We have recently received these unlock codes from Research In Motion and there is a new procedure in place in order for you to unlock your BlackBerry 8830. I have provided the following information about why the global phones are locked initially as well as the unlocking procedures. Please read this information in its entirety.

Verizon Wireless restricts the SIM card readers on our global phones to recognize only Verizon Wireless SIM cards since we offer a discounted price on the global equipment contingent of a new service agreement. This is done to avoid confusion that can arise from billing and service changes that will occur if another carrier?s SIM is inserted in the phone.

We also offer the ability to unlock our global phone?s SIM card readers so that our global phone customers can use any international service provider?s SIM card with the device. However, to unlock your Verizon Wireless global phone, you must have either:

1) Paid full retail price for the global equipment or
    2) Have fulfilled your service agreement with Verizon Wireless for the promotional price of the equipment or be in good payment standings for at least 60 days.

Due to recent changes for the procedures for unlocking our global phones, you can now call Global Services and a global services coordinator will be able to assist you in unlocking your phone. I have attached our terms and conditions for SIM unlock release. You no longer are required to sign and fax this waiver back to us. You must already have a SIM card (it does not have to be a Verizon Wireless Global SIM card) to put into the device in order for us to unlock your device. You can reach them at 1-800-711-8300 from a landline phone between the hours of 8am - 7pm Eastern Standard Time. You can call our Global Technical Support at 1-908-559-4899 24 hours a day, seven days a week for assistance as well. Please have your device with you fully charged when you call.

I hope the information I have provided has been helpful and that I have addressed all of your concerns. I strive to provide to all of my customers 100% quality customer service! If you have any further questions on Verizon Wireless' products and services, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

Verizon Wireless
    Global Services

cortol no está en línea Stack level 1

I did not get a SIM card with the 8830 when I purchased it - I also did not have the Global email plan at that time. Prior to a trip over to Germany I stopped at my Verizon store to get the SIM card (assuming I would have to purchase it) and upgrade my plan to the $64.99 global plan. They gave me the SIM card at that point at no charge. They completed the setup, I installed the card and all worked as expected over in Europe. From that I expect the card is free with the upgraded plan. A charge without the upgrade (althouugh not sure why you would buy the SIM without the plan).

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3

no sim card supplied with the phone, unless it is ordered as an accessory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12