I have a Verizon Blackberry 8830 and I recently upgraded to 4.5 o.s. The upgrade ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Jose922 no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager 4.7 asking to upgrade to 4.5 o.s.

Advertisement

I have a Verizon Blackberry 8830 and I recently upgraded to 4.5 o.s. The upgrade went better than I could have imagined and I love the HTML and Documents to Go. The phone is working great but I do have one question. When I connect to Desktop Manager 4.7 as it is preparing to connect, I receive a pop up stating that a 4.5 upgrade is available. Now since I did the upgrade already I am just curious why this message pops up. I don't want to make any changes since the phone is working great but I am curious. Any information would be appreciated.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Not sure why this happens but to fix it go to add/remove programs(programs and features in Vista) go to DM 4.7 and instead of uninstall select repair. Make sure auto updates is not selected and then continue with repair. After doing this you shouldn't have this issue anymore.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Thanks moderncowboy, I did that and sure enough it did the trick. I appreciate the help.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad I could help.

paigecaplin07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was wondering if I could upgrade mine cuz I'm using 4.3 , but supposibly Telus blocks something.. Like I don't even have mms , just SMS... Can someone help me out, or is it that I just can't upgrade bcuz of the company I'm with.??

Does your BB have a camera? If not then it doesn't matter if you upgrade. I have a Verizon and because I don't' have a camera it doesn't give me the option to send MMS, only SMS. I can receive picture messages but it is sent to Verizon's site and I have to go there, log in, and then I am able to view my picture messages. It could be Telus is similar.