Trying to make initial connection to the 8830 and upon a first launch the Desktop ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

centcoastcal no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop 4.2.2 on 8830 (Verizon)

Advertisement

Trying to make initial connection to the 8830 and upon a first launch the Desktop Manager hangs with the text: "Checking the Status of the Applications on the device. This is only required on the first connection of the device to a new desktop installation. Connecting to the device (JVM)..."

I already reinstalled it once. Not sure if there are any specific files to delete, but at any rate I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Desktop 4.2.2 on 8830 (Verizon)

Unless you're running out of disk space, just leave it. If you need the space, go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and uninstall "BlackBerry v4.2.1 for the 8830 Series Wireless Handheld" if it's there. You don't need "BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2.?" if you have no intention of using the Application Loader to install other applications, Backup your device, or Sync your device with a PIM. Leave it if you want to do any of those things.
    JerryD

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Are you connected to a Laptop or Desktop?
    If a Laptop, what is the model Laptop?
    Is the Laptop Docked or Undocked?

I have had issues in the past, depending on which USB port you are using. If your using a Laptop, then I would recommend making sure your undocked, and plugged directly into the USB on the back of the laptop. Not a USB hub connected to the Laptop.

If Desktop, make sure you plugged directly into the USB port on back of the Desktop.

This hasnt been an issue for me with the 8830. But has been an issue at my company in the past for 7250 and 8703.

Worth a try. Good luck.

centcoastcal no está en línea Stack level 1

I finally got it by installing what I suppose is a patch from Verizon for 4.2.2. Also, I pulled the cable out and back in again several times. (I know, that has to be a not-too-good approach, but it did work.) I was reluctant to admit my platform: Parallels on a MacBook Pro (running XP). The Mac client doesn't have as much functionality as the Win version (surprise, surprise), so hence the use of XP via parallels. Anyway, up and running now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinrich
    Are you connected to a Laptop or Desktop?
    If a Laptop, what is the model Laptop?
    Is the Laptop Docked or Undocked?

I have had issues in the past, depending on which USB port you are using. If your using a Laptop, then I would recommend making sure your undocked, and plugged directly into the USB on the back of the laptop. Not a USB hub connected to the Laptop.

If Desktop, make sure you plugged directly into the USB port on back of the Desktop.

This hasnt been an issue for me with the 8830. But has been an issue at my company in the past for 7250 and 8703.

Worth a try. Good luck.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Glad you got it working. That's the important thing.