My carrier is Verizon and I have the unlimited data plan. What are my options ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

go ducks no está en línea Stack level 1

Delayed email messages

Advertisement

My carrier is Verizon and I have the unlimited data plan. What are my options to get around the delayed email delivery (approx. 15 minutes) from desktop to handheld.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    If you are on a BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) that is how it works. The BB will ping your mail server every 15 minutes. If it finds mail, it sends it and then pings your server every 2 minutes until it doesn't find any new mail. Once it goes through the cycle of finding nothing to forward, it resets to the 15 minute cycle.

The only way around this is to get on a BES (company or hosted) with Exchange, Outlook, Groupwise, etc., and emails will be sent instantly.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

I have set my desktop email to forward to my vzw account but is there anyway to have the mail still arrive on my desktop without having to forward it back?

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What desktop email do you have? Local ISP or work??

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Why don't you just let the BIS take care of the forwarding and deal with the 15 min delay? Is immediate receipt of your email that important? If so, I would get on a BES and save yourself alot of time and hassles like what you are experiencing with the forwarding stuff now....just my opinion.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Lfarmer no está en línea Stack level 2
    Add an email account to your BB for you desktop email (only works for POP3 and IMAP accounts) hotmail, gmail, yahoo. By the way, I a bis account with verizon, set up amil accounts for hotmail, gmail, and yahoo, as well as our company's Outlook. Mail is instantaneous the only delay is when bis is experiencing troubles.

Set up an email account for your desktop email on your BB. I have verizon, set up email for gmail, hotmail, yahoo, as well as our company's Outlook Exchange server(have to setup forwarding on server to XXXX@vzw.blackberry.net). All mail is instantaneous except when RIM is having problems. By the way the only downside is mail sent to your BB account will not be synced to Outlook. But you do not need to use Desktop Redirector

Where would one "get on a BES"? My company doesn't have one, at least not that I'm aware of, and as the President of a two employee operation i would hope the the Vice Pres/Purchasing Agent wouldn't have snuck this by me. And it's not that it's so important to get my mail instantanteously as it is convenient, therefor if it's possible I'd like to know how to do it.

What email are you using? Outlook, an ISP mail account or gmail, msn, etc. What I said earlier holds true for all except outlook. You can set-up email accounts on you phone for up to 10 email accounts. Your @vzw.blackberry.net is one. You don't need BES to do this.

The email that I use is through CommuniKate. When I have the mail forwarded to my VZW account it is much faster, the only problem is that it doesn't show up on my desktop. Not sure if there is a way around that or not.

If your email account at Communicate is setup to forward properly you will have a copy of the email at that account. If you reply to an email forwarded to you on your bb you will not have a copy of your response with out using desktop re-director. Hope this helps.

volkanerkan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    All of my emails arrive instantly but one of them delays? Why? I checked it out , it arrives to inbox but delays my bb inbox?