Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Don't do it, just returned my 8830 for a 8800 from ATT, had a 8300 ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

baerenator no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Curve Teased me, now I want an 8830

Advertisement

Don't do it, just returned my 8830 for a 8800 from ATT, had a 8300 too, settled on the 8800 because I get the features, Verizon's version has a crippled GPS and lousy ringer volume, the 8800 doesn't have those issues. They may fix it later but for now save your money or get soemthing else.

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by baerenator
    Don't do it, just returned my 8830 for a 8800 from ATT, had a 8300 too, settled on the 8800 because I get the features, Verizon's version has a crippled GPS and lousy ringer volume, the 8800 doesn't have those issues. They may fix it later but for now save your money or get soemthing else.
    Don't care about GPS. We'll see about the ringer volume as mine is almost always on vibrate when I'm out of the house. Besides, if I were going to switch to an 8800 that means I'd go with AT&T...and if that's the case, I'd just get a Curve.

ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B84624

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just upgraded from a 8700. Go with the 8830, it is worth it!

JustLeft no está en línea Stack level 2

I was in an AT&T store at lunch today and eyeballing the curve. Screen looked the same size as the 8830. When i pulled up some web pages on it, it didn't seem significantly slower than the 8830. In some cases, I was hardpressed to tell the difference between the two devices. That was a shock, since the curve is on a slower connection.

Further, the keyboard seemed to be light years better than what I have on the 8830. The keys lit up like the Treo's, which are easy to read. I still have a week left in my trial with Verizon. I was figuring on keeping the 8830 until I saw the curve. The keyboard was a big difference for me! Lack of 3G service was no big deal.

Also, AT&T's rates for Canada are cheaper than what I see from Verizon. So the question I have is as follows - Has anyone left Verizon for the curve and been disappointed with the Curve?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12