I am having a lot of problems with my Treo 700p and am contemplating switching ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

tj1616 no está en línea Stack level 1

Contemplating a Vzn 8830, have a Mac using Palm OS

Advertisement

I am having a lot of problems with my Treo 700p and am contemplating switching to an 8830. Will I be able to transfer my calendar, contacts, etc. from Palm Desktop on my Mac to the 8830 using PocketMac directly or am I going to have to transfer everything to Entourage, or another program before the transfer to Blackberry? I am having a difficult time trying to track down the answer to my problem on either the Blackberry site/forums or on the PocketMac side. Would I be better off with Pocket Sync?
    Please help! I am SO confused!

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Contemplating a Vzn 8830, have a Mac using Palm OS

I don't have anything to add as I don't use a Mac (when I have the funds I will... lol.) Anyway, just thought I would let you know someone will surely be along shortly to help. BTW, I got to really handle a Verizon 8830 last night for the first time. SWEET device. My wife knows this one's out on Sprint and is now hounding me to upgrade her 8703e for it... lol.

Mactheman no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tj1616
    I am having a lot of problems with my Treo 700p and am contemplating switching to an 8830. Will I be able to transfer my calendar, contacts, etc. from Palm Desktop on my Mac to the 8830 using PocketMac directly or am I going to have to transfer everything to Entourage, or another program before the transfer to Blackberry? I am having a difficult time trying to track down the answer to my problem on either the Blackberry site/forums or on the PocketMac side. Would I be better off with Pocket Sync?
    Please help! I am SO confused!

I have had the exact same situation, the 700P absolutely sucks, after 4 exchanges, I decided to go for the 8830 and never looked back. The 8830 comes bundled with PocketMac which does a superb job of syncing your email, contacts, tasks, bookmarks, .Mac, application installation, calendar, and other nifty stuff, best part, it is on the CD that comes with your 8830. It can do sync with Apple mail, iCal, address book or Entourage, your choice. No transfers, or hacks necessary. you will love the phone as I do. you also get Voice Signal's Voice dialing built in, which I had to buy for the Treo 700P piece of sh@t
    Last edited by Mactheman; 07-08-2007 at 02:35 PM.

tj1616 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just brought home the new BB, but I am getting a bit frustrated. Did you have your calendar and contacts in Palm Desktop? I can't seem to find a way to import directly, without a transfer to Entourage or iCal first. Any ideas?

navenik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2097EC9E

I was able to transfer my Calendar and Contacts from my Palm Desk top (I was using a Sony Clie) to my BB8800 using the BB DM without any problems. Bear in mind I am using a Windows-based PC and AT&T. Hopefully you will be able to do the same thing with your 8830 and Mac. Good luck.

Navenik....

Mactheman no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tj1616
    I just brought home the new BB, but I am getting a bit frustrated. Did you have your calendar and contacts in Palm Desktop? I can't seem to find a way to import directly, without a transfer to Entourage or iCal first. Any ideas?

Just go into Entourage and choose Import from the file menu. Then choose from other program, and select palm. All of your info should appear in Entourage, then begin to sync with your 8830 using PocketMac.

Hope that helps.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Check out the MAC forum just below this section

DougBlossom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    217D0C5E

I am a Mac user and I would recommend Mark Space's Missing Sync for Blackberry. It has a lot more freatures (i-tunes and iphoto sync, etc...) The PocketMac program was nothing but a pain for me. It's worth the $20. (Sorry for the commercial, but it is a great program.)

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

Quote Originally Posted by DougBlossom
    I am a Mac user and I would recommend Mark Space's Missing Sync for Blackberry. It has a lot more freatures (i-tunes and iphoto sync, etc...) The PocketMac program was nothing but a pain for me. It's worth the $20. (Sorry for the commercial, but it is a great program.)
    --x2