My mouseball won't scroll in the downward direction. I've had my phone for about 4 ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

CashCrandle no está en línea Stack level 2

Cleaning 8830 mouseball?

Advertisement

My mouseball won't scroll in the downward direction. I've had my phone for about 4 weeks on alltel, how long do warranty's usually last? Should I clean it, or just send it off?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Cleaning 8830 mouseball?

If it's only four weeks old you can take it back to the store and have them fix/replace the phone. If you try and take it apart and clean it, and that doesn't work, the carrier may notice that when you do take it back, and claim you voided your warrenty.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by CashCrandle
    My mouseball won't scroll in the downward direction. I've had my phone for about 4 weeks on alltel, how long do warranty's usually last? Should I clean it, or just send it off?
    Manufacteror warranties are generally 1 year. I know that RIM has the one year policy, whether alltel will cover it or not. Since it is so new i would say to return it, but given the situation with not being able to call altell and get a person may not be possible. Reddog has the post on disassembly but remember it is at your own risk and will void the warranty if you mess it up.http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html

CashCrandle no está en línea Stack level 2

very helpful thanks, wow so I can just be like "hey uhh give me a brand new phone for free please" and they'll do it? that works for me!! If i'm misunderstanding, please stop me before I make a fool out of myself in public.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by CashCrandle
    very helpful thanks, wow so I can just be like "hey uhh give me a brand new phone for free please" and they'll do it? that works for me!! If i'm misunderstanding, please stop me before I make a fool out of myself in public.
    Buyers remorse is usually 14 days or on some companies 30 days in which time you can return the phone to the point of purchase to either get another of the same model (new) or get a different model. After the buyers remorse period you would go through the manufacteror's warranty and would recieve the same phone either new or like new. I don't know how alltel is with thier exchanges but with Tmobile i could not tell if it was new or not either exchange i did. ( one on an 8700 and one on a samsung t609)