Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey all, I have had a hell of a time trying to replace Blackberry Messenger. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

johnnykilo no está en línea Stack level 1

cannot replace Blackberry Messenger

Advertisement

Hey all, I have had a hell of a time trying to replace Blackberry Messenger. I deleted it because I use Office Communicator. Well I have since switched my 8830 for an 8330 Curve. (BTW we are both on Verizon). No the person that has my old 8830 is trying to use Blackberry Messenger but I cannot get it loaded back on. I installed Blackberry Desktop and tried to add it from Application Loader. The only applications that show in the list are the 3rd party applications. I went to blackberry.com/messenger from the 8830 and I kept getting errors to the effect "your device does not have the correct setup." Any ideas??

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    From your BB Browser, go to the Home page and choose:

Applications > Staying In Touch > Scroll down and choose Blackberry Messenger

Thanks for the help, but I have already tried to do this. The website tells me "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Messenger for software versions 4.0 and 4.1" Maybe i need to upgrade the OS? I thought i did so a few weeks ago. On a side note, how exactly do you upgrade the OS? Do you just download the BB Desktop from blackberry.com and it loads automatically?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You need to download the OS for the unit as well (you don't have to upgrade it but you do need at least the same version) and install it on your PC. Once you have it installed on your PC, you can then re-add messenger to the unit.

Zo

Thanks Amigo, I have tried this as well. When i go into application loader only 3rd party software shows up. None of the RIM applications are in the add/remove list.

rufy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -
    try to upgrade it, and make sure that you thick/enable bbm on app list

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

When you say upgrade you are referring to upgrading the OS correct? I have tried this as well and no suck luck. I downloaded the latest 8830 software from Verizon through a 3rd party site. (smithmicro.com).

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Hmmm... I'm thinking that in loading the new OS something isn't working correctly. It always gives you all the OS pieces once you've loaded the OS on the PC and plug in the device. Perhaps a complete WIPE and reload?

I think i could be loading the OS wrong. I downloaded the latest OS software at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/desktop.aspx. I ran the software and I guess i assumed that it would automatically update the OS. But from I can gather it never did. When I download the newest Desktop manager the OS is packaged in correct? If it is, does it automatically install or are there extra steps necessary to do so? I understand this is probably something I should have researched before posting but i appreciate your help.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Nope. That was just the Desktop Manager. Not the same as the OS for the Device. Think of the OS like Windows. Desktop Manager is just the piece of software used to install software, including a newer OS.

Try this instead. http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx

Follow these instructions as well. It'll give you more themes upon installation. (Read this before starting the installation process) http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

thanks woodi, ill give it a shot and let you know

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    I just went to app loader and checked the box with the bb messenger and it reloaded it. I deleted mine for mem space still getting my txt and call logs deleted. I was getting texts that would be deleted before I could even read them
    "This life almost didn't happen"

kay2104 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnykilo View Post
    Hey all, I have had a hell of a time trying to replace Blackberry Messenger. I deleted it because I use Office Communicator. Well I have since switched my 8830 for an 8330 Curve. (BTW we are both on Verizon). No the person that has my old 8830 is trying to use Blackberry Messenger but I cannot get it loaded back on. I installed Blackberry Desktop and tried to add it from Application Loader. The only applications that show in the list are the 3rd party applications. I went to blackberry.com/messenger from the 8830 and I kept getting errors to the effect "your device does not have the correct setup." Any ideas??

Any luck Johnny? I'm having the same problem...

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try blackberry.com/messenger if you haven't already~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kay2104 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Tried that, but I'm getting the same message Johnny was getting:

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Messenger for software versions 4.0 and 4.1"

Any other suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast