For a medical condition I need to take medications at six specific times of the ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

buckeyebee no está en línea Stack level 1

Can I somehow use "Notify" in Lotus Notes Calendar with vibrate alarm?

Advertisement

For a medical condition I need to take medications at six specific times of the day. It is easy to get busy and forget. An audible alarm is a problem because it's interruptive when I am in meetings. I need a vibrate alarm. Have not been able to find any third-party software with this many alarms that will use vibrate mode on my 8830.

I use Lotus Notes for e-mail and calendar functions. It is replicated continually from a server to my 8830. In Lotus Notes, I can easily set up on a repeating "daily reminder" for each of these specific times and I will get an alarm or notification. And, I also like that it has snooze capability. If I am somewhere and can't take my medication right at that moment, I could hit snooze and know that I would get the alarm again a few minutes later so I don't forget.
    Finally, here's what I need to figure out. How can I set it up so that when this alarm or notify message comes up in Lotus Notes my Blackberry gives me a vibrating alarm?

Thanks in advance...for your help!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    You can set up a recurring Task in Lotus Notes, that will sync with your device. You can go into the profiles menu and designate "Tasks" to vibrate only in one of your profiles that you use most often.

Tasks give you the Snooze option when they activate.

Hope that helps.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Thanks very much for your help. From what I see, in at least the version of Lotus Notes that I am using (7.02) "Tasks" and "To Do" are the same thing. And when I create a To DO I can schedule it to specific days, but there is no provision for any specific time. I need to be "alarmed" at specific times each day each day. So, it does not look like this will work for me?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    You could just set up reminders in lotus notes; and then set the calendar notifications to just vibrate or just change your BB profile to vibrate if you're in a meeting

Thanks, cwax! Works fine.