My voice mail system e-mails me WAV files. I was hoping since the 8830 can ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

LMOSS no está en línea Stack level 1

Can I play a WAV attachment on VZW 8830?

Advertisement

My voice mail system e-mails me WAV files. I was hoping since the 8830 can apparently play WAV files in the music player, it could play a WAV attachment. If I try it, I get an error opening the attachment and it does not play. Any suggestions? Is there a third party product that can do this if BB's own software can not?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Can I play a WAV attachment on VZW 8830?

I can open .WAV files on my 8800. Can you open other attachments? Do you have the BlackBerry Attachment Service installed? Go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications. It should be listed there. If it isn't, reload your OS.

If you'd like, PM me and I'll test it on my BB. Maybe there's something funky about the .WAV format your voice mail system sends out.
    JerryD

rlp
    rlp no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    I can open .WAV files on my 8800. Can you open other attachments? Do you have the BlackBerry Attachment Service installed? Go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications. It should be listed there. If it isn't, reload your OS.

If you'd like, PM me and I'll test it on my BB. Maybe there's something funky about the .WAV format your voice mail system sends out.
    What should I see under applications? Wav program?

BBaholic no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the 8800 and the attachment service is installed, but cannot listen to attached wav files! What is different with your BB? Thanks!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Well I am on a BES, but that shouldn't cause the problem. Can you save the .WAV attachment and play it with Media Player?
    JerryD

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

For me personally, its always hit or miss. Some attachments play, some dont. Quite annoying and I have all of the settings as they should be. I've tested small .wav, mp4, & mp3 attachments, most never work.

So if you have yours functioning completely i'd be interested in finding how it is set and what youve done differently.

FYI: im on BIS

BBaholic no está en línea Stack level 2

I couldn't find a way to "save" and play on the audio player. Says there is an attachment, but no way of accessing it. I'm on BES too.