I just upgraded to OS4.5. My calendar now displays both the "vzw.blackberry.net" and my own ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

BkerTech no está en línea Stack level 2

Calendar display

Advertisement

I just upgraded to OS4.5. My calendar now displays both the "vzw.blackberry.net" and my own Calendar. Is there a way to permanently display just 1 calendar without going to Menu > Select Calendar... > choose a calendar ? Thanks.

oconnke1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Do you mean it displays a calendar for 2 different email accounts?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Re: Calendar display

No, I only have 1 email account.

I notice that under Options > Advanced Options > Default Services, there are:
    1. Calendar (CICAL) which has 2 options:
    name@vzw.blackberry.com
    PersonalName

2. Messaging (CMIME) which has 2 options:
    name@vzw.blackberry.com
    PersonalName

Is this why there are 2 calendars when I open my Calendar > Menu > Select Calendar, there are actually 3 options:
    1. name@vzw.blackberry.com
    2. Device Default
    3. PersonalName

If I only want to display PersonalName "permanently". Can I delete the name@vzw.blackberry.com under CICAL and CMIME (Advanced Options > Default Services) ? Is there any harms delete those 2? Thanks.

oconnke1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you haven't already done so, upgrade your Desktop Manager software to V4.5 or higher. These instructions require a feature introduced in V4.5.

>Backup your device data and correct the device settings:
    1. On the Desktop Manager go to Backup & Restore and backup you BB device.
    2. On the BB go to Options > Advanced > Default Services and change the value for Calendar (CICAL) to the email address associated with the calendar you want to display.

>Clear the wrong calendar entries:
    1. On the Desktop Manager go to Backup & Restore and select Advanced.
    2. On the right-hand side of the Advanced window is a scrollable list labeled "Device Databases." Scroll down until you locate three entries that begin with the word "Calendar." The first two entries will have a number displayed to the right, which is the count of calendar entries in your device. In all likelihood, these two numbers are different, but we want to make them the same.
    3. Click on the entry that says, "Calendar - All". Below the Scrollable list a button labeled "Clear" will become active and click-able.
    4. Click on the button labeled "Clear" and wait for the action to complete. The count of the calendar entries should now be blank for both the "Calendar" and "Calendar - All" entries.

>Prepare to sync your calendar to your device:
    1. On the Desktop Manager go to Synchronize, then on the left-hand side, click on the Synchronization link.
    2. Click the Synchronization button and a dialog window will open.
    3. Select the calendar entry and click on Setup.
    4. Don't change the source of your calendar, then click Next.
    5. In the area entitled "Direction of synchronization," select the radio button that says, "One way sync to device," then click Next.
    6. In the area entitled "Calendar date range," select the radio button that says, "Transfer all scheduled items," then click Next.
    7. Click Finish.
    8. On the dialog window entitled "Select Device application," the arrow should be pointing to the left only, toward the word "Calendar".
    9. Click OK to return to the Synchronization Configuration window.

>Perform a one-way sync:
    1. On the left-hand side of the Desktop Manager, click the Synchronize link.
    2. Make sure the box is checked next to "Synchronize organizer data.
    3. Click the Synchronize button and wait for the task to complete.

>Now examine your device's calendar to see if it's correct.

>Restore device if necessary
    If the device calendar is NOT correct, please restore your device, using the backup you took at the beginning of these instructions. Post a reply and tell us what happened.

>Perform two-way sync:
    1. If the device calendar IS correct, you must change the Synchronization Configuration options so that two-way synchronization will occur. (Use the section labeled "Prepare to sync your calendar to your device:" for instructions.) The resultant arrows should point both ways. Perform another synchronization.
    2. Examine your device's calendar to see if it's correct and behaving the way you want.
    3. Perform another Backup of your device.

Please post a reply and tell us what happened. Thanks.
    Keith