1. Going to be traveling to Europe next month with my VZW BB 8830... Is ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

sna77 no está en línea Stack level 2

Browser q's on my 8830

Advertisement

Going to be traveling to Europe next month with my VZW BB 8830... Is the Internet Browser or BB browser the preffered web browser for this situation? My BES server is located in the US, so would I be connecting back to the US for net access on the BB browser?

I just switched to this from a Verizon Pearl (needed international)... The web browser on the Pearl has a mouse icon I can move around... The 8830 doesn't seem to have this... Is this a setting I can simply turn on?

Thanks!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    1. You are correct. The BB Browser routes through your BES server, and I would imagine would be much slower outside of the US. Your Internet Browser routes through your provider's Internet connection, and would probably be quicker. Note that when you create a bookmark, it is associated with one of the three browsers (the provider's "WAP" browser being the third). You can edit them and change the browser as needed.

2. Yes. Hit the Menu button (button to the LEFT of the TrackBall) and select Desktop View. Be forewarned that web pages will usually be wider than the screen (sometimes a LOT wider) and it's easier to miss stuff.
    JerryD

got it.. switch to Internet Browser...

Also, made the switch to the Desktop view and got the mouse... this works differently than my peral did... My Pearl had the mosue without scrolling side to side... any ideas?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    The only other option is to try Opera Mini. OTA at:
    http://mini.opera.com
    JerryD

just installed it... looks nice... thanks...

I take it this will use your local connection... hows the speed compared to the other browsers?