Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by justajason Well, If you got it from them, I would at least ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Broke 8830 charger port, SIM card addy book and other options?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by justajason View Post
    Well, If you got it from them, I would at least give them a call. You never know what they are going to say. The old dongle I have is from wallys. It might not be listed on their website. Ive found lots of things just by going. If you can stand to wait for a couple of days, I would try Newegg.com. Or Tigerdirect.com.

newegg for the win

yeah i'm gonna ride up to wally world now, see what they got...cross my fingers i'll have enough battery when i get everything working. i don't want to see a "battery too low for bluetooth connection"
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

djbroke119 no está en línea Stack level 2

You should turn your berry off now and put it in the fridge. This supposedly will help your battery output the most possible charge.

The ATT store told me that there was a 30 warranty on mine, not sure what your carrier's warranty is but its probly the same. Good luck

Also, my replacement 8800 already has a wiggly charging port. THIS IS NOT USER ERROR!
    Wifey says I'm gonna get carpel tunnel if I don't put down "the berry."

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

backed everything up with the BT dongle i bought. excellent idea folks, saved my berry.

interesting fact: my old 8703e battery doesn't fit in my 8800, however, the 8800 battery fits into the 8703e to take a charge. so i will charge it at night that way.

the Sprint store is replacing it and the new one will be here on Wednesday
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

djbroke119 no está en línea Stack level 2

Happy Ending, isn't that nice?
    Wifey says I'm gonna get carpel tunnel if I don't put down "the berry."

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yeah mine just broke on me this morning, all I did was take the charger out, not yanking, and the black piece in the phone came out. I'm getting a replacement tomorrow. I'm glad to know at least others have been through this problem before, not just "user error".

kwame no está en línea Stack level 2

my port has just gone tits up here. and i agree they are very flimsy. still got my old hand set fortunately but not got half the features of the blackberry :-( about to make the call now to my provider about getting a new handset....

winryan no está en línea Stack level 1

Cheap Charger Port Repair (Charge and Sync Your phone again!)

We fully replace blackberry broken charge ports for $38.95 We have many feedback comments from happy customers. We do the repair the day we receive the phone. We do all business through ebay currently so our customers know they are protected by ebay/paypal. Just type "Blackberry charge port repair" for your eBay search and you will see our listings (each listing has an image saying PORT REPAIR in red). We repair all models so if you don't see the listing let me know and I'll help point you to it. PM me directly if you have any questions at all! Or email me at blackberryrepairshop@gmail.com
    Last edited by winryan; 06-08-2010 at 06:19 PM.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I had the same thing happen to my 8310 & 8330, what I ended up doing was syncing via bluetooth and purchasing a charging dock for my device until i ordered the parts to be replaced... Now with my 9630, I very rarely use my USB port unless it's to update my OS... definitely invest in a charging dock, you can find them on Ebay or Amazon for under $10...

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    I had the same thing happen to my 8310 & 8330, what I ended up doing was syncing via bluetooth and purchasing a charging dock for my device until i ordered the parts to be replaced... Now with my 9630, I very rarely use my USB port unless it's to update my OS... definitely invest in a charging dock, you can find them on Ebay or Amazon for under $10...
    I have a charging pod for 8330, but I'm trying to trade/sell it for the charging pod for Tour 9630.
    Link : http://forums.pinstack.com/f261/sale...ng_pod-120663/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12