Okay. I just got the phone updated the OS to 4.5 changed my theme and ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

meeklo12345 no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow blackberry world edition 8830....

Advertisement

Okay. I just got the phone updated the OS to 4.5 changed my theme and updtaed my applications. My question is: Can i use a boost mobile sim card with this phone.

In my network mode selections I have Three options 1. is GSM
    2. is 1XEV
    3. is Global

Ok my second question is, If boost mobile fails for this phone. Can i get the phone "flashed" for revol service, Which is the new cricket in my area. .. I hope I can do something for this phone seeing as it has no wifi,

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    A lot of people thinking of switching to boost lately...

If your phone is unlocked, You'll be able to use your bb for calling and sms once configured...

That applies to both boost and cricket...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    the 8830 we can be reflashed for cdma use on other carriers . as far as domestic gsm service goes, your out of luck , i did however place my sons t mo sim into the device and the prl showed up so it would go global on any gsm service as it was intended , a next hell sim wont function at all,
    you would think rim would make one device to sell globally and make things easy on us but they wont .
    that would make too much sence.

meeklo12345 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok so majority of people that have already switched to boost. Are taking a new boost card, activating it on a cheap boost phone than putting it into the black berry.
    Or In some other cases i've heard people just sticking it into the 8830 and pow it works. But sms does not work, thats why we have instant messaging programs to upload to there. than sms does work. But the browser won't so people say upload opera mini browser. Does anyone have the download link for this aps? the aim is ota only. so i need opera first

tdamion no está en línea Stack level 1

hello whats was the uploads for the 8830 and were do i find them